Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Proximity Sensor

immelmanj
Star I
Hi,
My proximity sensor is non-functional.
I have confirmed via the SMMI test that it doesn't react at all at any of the distances.
I believe this has been the case since the latest update.
screenshot-20220422-102559217-281-29.jpg

Damn frustrating when the phone starts doing whatever as it touches your ear/face during a phonecall...

Any advice?
36 REPLIES 36

tonnodoc
Star I
I have the same problem: during calls the phone change audio and network settings ...that's drive me crazy😡😡

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@immelmanj @tonnodoc @kvasnicka.marcel @Rellibs @the G
Quickest way to find out what's going on is for you to help me out with videos and device logs that I can pass to the team. I'll try to reproduce with my own device tomorrow, but for now please check your Zentalk inboxes for the log tool instructions.

kahlensi
Star II
same here... during calls my ear change all settings🤦
something is wrong with the sensor

dron39
Rising Star II
@Gustav_ASUS
Could you please also sent instructions to me?
My phone was repaired in authorized ASUS service center twice and in last repair they changed screen (probably with proximity sensor assy.). Proximity sensor works, but it seems like with short distance now (after last repair or after .61 FW update). Seems like distance when dispaly should be "switched on" during call was decreased and now I very often see that display is switching on/off during a call while phone is not so far from my ear.
What is normal distance on which proximity sensor should switch on display during call? I guess I had 5-6cm, while now it's about 3cm.

immelmanj
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@immelmanj @tonnodoc @kvasnicka.marcel @Rellibs @the G

Quickest way to find out what's going on is for you to help me out with videos and device logs that I can pass to the team. I'll try to reproduce with my own device tomorrow, but for now please check your Zentalk inboxes for the log tool instructions.

View post
Requested information sent. Thanks!