System: ZenBook 13 OLED UM325UA
Battery or AC: Both
Model:
Frequency of occurrence: ALWAYS
Reset OS: Many times, tried both W10 and W11
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I have this problem with the screen, a bug that causes a glow to be present and change color when the brightness decreases/increases.
It is ALWAYS present, in the videos i recorded it is visible as "glow" in the logo scene but this strange color problem is present in every image the display shows
It is just very noticeable as a glow in that scene.
I tried everything, i did many clean install of Windows, trying both W10 and W11, the problem still persist.
I tried installing many graphic driver versions, including both the ones suggested on product page by ASUSand the latest version available on the AMD website, nothing changes.
I tried changing color profiles between ASUS Splendid profile and with the "neutral" provided by Windows, nothing changes.
I tried disabling every power saving feature + did every test while the charger was plugged in but nothing, the problem still persist
I tried disabling every OLED Care feature in the MyASUS app just to be sure but nothing, the problem still persist.
I checked if there is some adaptive contrast feature built in windows that may cause this problem but nothing, i didn't saw an option for that

At some point, i decided to ask help to ASUS support for this problem, they told me i had to send them my laptop to "repair" the problem, after they got the laptop,
they told me that the first thing they did was a clean install of the OS with their image (the one they provide with all the programms pre-installed which should be pre-configured)
and they told me that there was no such problem, the screen was perfect, they even sent me videos showing me that even if they were trying to riproduce the problem, there was none.

After i got my laptop back, i immediately checked which driver version was installed on the laptop, convinced that it was the cause of the problem.
After that i did a clean install of W11 (i wanted W11 instead of W10 and all of those bloatware which they come with the pre-installed image)
I installed the same driver version that was installed on the laptop when they returned it to me but nothing, i still have the same problem, i tried installing the same version on W10 but i still have the same problem.
Can someone please help me? i discovered this problem 2 months ago and i am still trying to fix it unsuccessfully.

In the Windows settings, the display is showing correctly as 1080p 60Hz 10 Bit RGB.
When switching to HDR ON, W11 also shows the maximum peak brightness and the HDR Certification but both on my device are incorrect,
the peak brightness should be 550 Nits and the HDR certification should be HDR True Black 500(as stated on the official product page on the ASUS Website)
But on my device it is shown as 616 Nits peak brightness and missing HDR certification.

Unfortunatly, i did (like an idiot) also deleted the recovery partition when i did a clean install of W11, so i cannot reinstall the image of the OS the laptop came with from the manufacter

the video i am showing in the recording is a HDR video file, but i repeat, the problem is ALWAYS present, in every image that is displayed on the screen, i can notice it even in some wallpapers

8 REPLIES 8

Falcon_ASUS
antbuo1908

you can replicate the gradient test by using "Eizo Monitor Test" selecting "Gradients" tes and setting up 32 shades, in the video you can see the strange "popup" when changing brightness

View post
@antbuo1908
We have used this website to verify, but the effect is not obvious. Because your picture at that time looks much more serious, we need to confirm whether it is caused by the relationship between the pictures. Could you please provide us the original file (picture file or wallpaper file) for further confirmation? Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

antbuo1908
Star I
here it is, the photo i used, i suggest to view the photo in a dark environment
screenshot-281-29.png

Falcon_ASUS
antbuo1908

here it is, the photo i used, i suggest to view the photo in a dark environment

screenshot-281-29.png

screenshot-281-29.png

View post
@antbuo1908
Confirmed by our tech team, the situation you reported is a normal phenomenon.
The photos and videos you have provided are not solid colors, but have gradations, this phenomenon is more obvious on high-brightness LCDs, especially panels above 400 nits. You can save the same photos to other OLED devices and you will see the same results.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.