This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 3 display issues are fixable

ehunt
Star I
I recently joined the DanishBlunt discord channel and flashed his custom kernel on my Rog 3.
The changes to the display are amazing, blackcrush is almost gone and colors are vibrant.
Other benefits include better max brightness, better speaker clarity, battery life, game optimisations, etc.
This goes to show that the issues with the Rog 3 display are not hardware related but something to do with firmware/ software.
I do not want to (entirely) blame the developers at Asus, they probably have a lot on their plate, and have limitations i know nothing about. Also, they would definitely be more capable than I on technical expertise.
But this does raise the question, if one guy with technical expertise can fix the issues, surely a whole team with the resources of a large corporation can do the same ? Or not ?
If required, why not work with guys like Danish and get his expertise on fixing these issues? Give an independent developer a contract to help with these issues, while the main developers can work on more important or higher priority items
If they feel they are capable enough on their own, and don't need to take help from independent developers, then i politely request them to do something about it. A year and half and 12+ updates later, the display issues still remain, is not a good thing
If nothing else, I wish the developers and management at Asus would take notice of this post for the simple reason of business and sales. If the display issues are fixed, surely it would help sales (for current and future releases), and put more money in the pockets of the company, and by extension the developers as well.
Help customers like me by fixing these problems , so we can help Asus by buying phones from them in the future !!!

9 REPLIES 9

kharr321
Star I
Everything else works as expected.

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
Ogghy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/212086#Comment_212086

If you use a custom kernel (in this case using danish kernel) are you gonna lose some stock feature like game genie, advanced hardcore tuning, using acc like kunai and twinview ? Or everything still works fine like stock ?

View post
Hardcore tuning works MUCH BETTER on Danish kernel, per Danish himself!
Asus just deliberately hired some rookie software programmers who know absolutely NOTHING ABOUT SOFTWARE OPTIMISATION!
#DanishOP 💥💥

Ogghy
Rising Star II
Deepan_Ch

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/212088#Comment_212088

Hardcore tuning works MUCH BETTER on Danish kernel, per Danish himself!

Asus just deliberately hired some rookie software programmers who know absolutely NOTHING ABOUT SOFTWARE OPTIMISATION!

#DanishOP 💥💥

View post
Cool then, how about the acc ? Can it still compatible ?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Ogghy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/212106#Comment_212106

Cool then, how about the acc ? Can it still compatible ?

View post
All acc should work just fine.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.