Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update 31.1010.041061

Chris1
Rising Star II
Hi,
Received this morning.
Just wondering why no one mentions it. Am i the only one with this OTA ?
17 REPLIES 17

frantsy
Star III
imac42

Got it this morning. Now the keypad on the unlock screen is shifted down rather than centered. Any one know how to change it back?

View post
I don't think there is an option to change it back. However, I welcome this change. Actually, it was the original design such that it's easier to unlock the phone with one hand. But since a few firmwares back, it was changed to the center of the screen.

frantsy
Star III
Just to confirm that updating from firmware .43 to .61 works fine with the file downloaded from www.asus.com/us/Mobile/Phones/ZenFone/Zenfone-8/HelpDesk_Download/
However, the file name format is different from the previous versions and I had to rename it from
UL-ASUS_I006D-ASUS-31.1010.0410.61-1.1.25-2204-user.zip
to
UL-I006D-ASUS-31.1010.0410.61-1.1.25-2204-user.zip
i.e., removing "ASUS_" for it to be recognised by the update launcher.

Ollandos
Star III
I'm having an issue after this upgrade. When I expand the quick settings tray, I get a black frame underneath the quick settings, in which you can scroll down forever.
screenshot-20220508-105109007.jpg
screenshot-20220508-105206334.jpg
I've seen it in another Zenfone 8 too. Not only mine.

frantsy
Star III
I'm having the same issue too, and I posted in the other thread "Phone goes crazy without reason".
It seems due to VPN is enabled. The phone tried to display ".. connected to..." your VPN service but messes it up.
Hope the ASUS moderator here sees this and follow up

piotr_kaszuba
Star II
Clauicp

I got the update last night and now face unlock does not work anymore

View post
Same with my phone. Clearing face data does not help...