Camera is too slow

João CecchettoJoão Cecchetto Level 1
edited June 22 in ZenFone 8

I own Zenfone devices for the past 7 years. My first device was the Zenfone 5, back in 2015. Then i had the ZF2, which were both great devices.

Then i switched to the Zenfone 3 Zoom, my first one was stolen, but the phone was so good, it had an awesome battery that i decided to buy another one. I kept if for 2 years and then i bought the Zenfone 5z. What an amazing phone.. Sadly, i got unemployed and couldnt buy the Zenfone 6 or 7. The moment i found a new job, the first thing i did was to buy the brand new Zenfone 8 Flip.

Well, i typed that story to make a comparative. All of my previous phones had INSTANT camera response. It was so fast. The moment I click to take the photo, I can instantly see the photo I took.

Sadly, this DOES NOT happen with my Zenfone 8 Flip and i cant understand why. It takes the phone more thant 10 seconds of PROCESSING to show me my picture. What is this?

I already cleaned the cache, reset to factory (despite this happening since i bought the phone).

Can someone help me? Does this happen to someone else?

This is what i get EVERY SINGLE TIME when taking pictures, it doesnt matter the resolution or the extra options i select(like auto focus, AI detection etc).

Tagged:

Comments

• ibo13700ibo13700 Level 1

Hello, the stock camera app is crap, I suggest you use Gcam port for the Zenfone 8, the quality is way ahead of the Asus camera app. I can not post the link so you'll have to search "Gcam Asus Zenfone 8" on Google and it's the first link from Celso Azevedo. You should give it a try.

• ponchofiestaponchofiesta Level 1
    edited May 1

I can confirm the extremly long image process. Really annoying.

Will try gcam now. Using GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.5

• laci.karalaci.kara Level 2

I get this too, but mostly when portrait mode is active. Processing takes place in the background. But if I previrew the image before it finishes I have to wait.

I believe it is because processing takes place in 64mb image.

• MyshadowsMyshadows Level 1

My standard photo mode has a 1.5 second processing time.

Portrait mode has a 6 to 7 second processing time which drops to 4 to 5 if phone is on performance. Or if I turn off beauty settings.

My partner's pixel does the same thing and so does my friends HTC

• Timo VosTimo Vos Level 2

Sometimes, when taking multiple photos after each other, photos arent even saved! They just dissappear.

I suggest using GCam.

• zientekszienteks Level 1

I use GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.5 and the application crashes, blocking the camera. Can't shoot in slowmotion.

• Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.

This discussion has been closed.