This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 7 Pro battery drain

Onto_Newer
Star II
Hi, I have a ZenFone 7 Pro which was purchased 18.mar.2021 (13 months old). Since the last patch update (30.41.69.170) I have a problem with the battery which is draining fast. Since I purchased the phone I only charged it slow, and I used it in performance mode .. it kept me about 24 hours and overnight when it was not used, i think it consumed about 5-10% tops. So, I ran some tests .. I re-calibrated the battery as I found it on another post on this forum, and I switched to balanced battery mode. The phone was charged at about 22:30 in the evening 100%. Mobile data and wifi on, in the morning at about 8:00 I had 31% left. Mobile data on, wifi off .. 58%, Mobile data off, wifi on 51%. It's not normal for an one year battery to be drained this high in stand by mode .. doing nothing .. when will there be another update? Hopefully this problem will be solved with the update. Meanwhile, any other advice?
7 REPLIES 7

AlexS97
Star III
Onto_Newer

First of all, @Van_Franzen and @alexandru.sarau thank you for you comments and replies. What I cand see at a glance is that 3-5% is very very different from 40-50%, this being what I am experiencing .. I was hoping for an answer from what I presume to be ASUS representatives here on the forun, but who knows, maybe they will get to my post in the end ... The common part in both your stories is that it fixed itself, how or why .. don't know .. a miracle 🙂 .. I will try to be patient and wait maybe for more comments, but if nothing works, most likely I will use the warranty service because it's absolutely ridiculously what's happening. Thanks again, and thanks in advance for new and pertinent comments.

View post
yeah, I wanted to go at warranty service too because it's not normal at all to drain so much battery doing nothing and all of a sudden. It is clearly a problem. I don't know if it's a software probleme because I reset to factory settings, I installed other versions of android and it did the same, before I had no problem with the battery, it changed overnight. I don't know what causes this drain, but it's not normal. Go to the service and see what they can do for you, but as I said earlier, if it was a software problem, when you go back to factory settings.. it would normally be fixed.. and if it was hardware, it wouldn't fix itself as mine did, so it's too strange.🤔

Onto_Newer
Star II
FINAL RESOLUTION: in the end, I made a factory settings reset, and with no apps installed, the battery consumption was 10% / hour .. so i took it to the warranty service. First, they changed the battery, and the consumption was the same. After that they analyzed the motherboard and changed it in the end .. i took it out of the service yesterday and so far it looks good .. hope it will remain like this.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.