This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenbook Windows10's Battery Report Cycle count not changing (on any type of charge)

gabrio81
Rising Star I
hi
Asus Zenbook UX325 11th Gen Core i7 - original Asus battery, approx 11 months.
So i am normally doing partial discharges to keep the battery last longer, usually 60% or 80% and sometimes to 100% - battery is healthy, however i noticed that the cycles count is stuck on win10's battery report, basically it doesn't count these partial charges as far as i can tell?
Why does that happen? 3rd party software batterycare correctly counts cycles or partial cycles, etc
image.png
image.png
thanks
14 REPLIES 14

gabrio81
Rising Star I
It could be the chip on the battery that commands the cycle count gone faulty,, i read that that one is ON the battery and it "talks" with the Operating System & BIOS.
I ran all tests with MyAsus and everything is fine, just suggestions, but no errors whatsoever.
Shall i try a full discharge from 100% to 0% and back to 100% and see if it gets counted +1?

Falcon_ASUS
gabrio81

It could be the chip on the battery that commands the cycle count gone faulty,, i read that that one is ON the battery and it "talks" with the Operating System & BIOS.

I ran all tests with MyAsus and everything is fine, just suggestions, but no errors whatsoever.

Shall i try a full discharge from 100% to 0% and back to 100% and see if it gets counted +1?

View post
@gabrio81
Yes, it could be possible. I have sent your question back to out tech team for confirmation. If there is any update, I will reply to you immediately, thank you.

gabrio81
Rising Star I
email support suggested a Windows' reset - i don't think i am gonna do that, although would be great to know if there's something else that can be done.
I could think of:
doing a new battery calibration? 0% to 100% perhaps will "wake the cycles chip up"
re-flashing the BIOS or waiting a new release then check this again
I can definitely live with this, but it's a nice to have if it counts the cycles so you know where your battery stands. Good that the 3rd party Batterycare works.
I am still doing 10 hours with Balanced + battery saver which isn't bad after 1 year and about 100 cycles.
thanks,
Gabrio

Falcon_ASUS
gabrio81

email support suggested a Windows' reset - i don't think i am gonna do that, although would be great to know if there's something else that can be done.

I could think of:

1. doing a new battery calibration? 0% to 100% perhaps will "wake the cycles chip up"
  2. re-flashing the BIOS or waiting a new release then check this again

I can definitely live with this, but it's a nice to have if it counts the cycles so you know where your battery stands. Good that the 3rd party Batterycare works.

I am still doing 10 hours with Balanced + battery saver which isn't bad after 1 year and about 100 cycles.

thanks,

Gabrio

View post
@gabrio81
We have replicated this situation, please do not need to restore the system. I'll get back to you immediately if there are any progress updates. Thank you.
** The information read by the 3rd BatteryCare tool is also wrong. It does not read the value in EC or Battery. It just simply counts the number of charges and discharges under the OS.

gabrio81
Rising Star I
OK! i will not touch anything, great to hear you have replicated the issue. thanks