System: Windows 11 PRO
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX582HM - Zenbook Pro Duo 11th gen
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: n/a
========================
Detailed description:
Not sure when this started, but I have a feeling it was after several updates on 3/21 that included a Windows BIOS update and ASUS ScreenXpert Interface.
When I touch the ScreenPad, it moves the mouse in the main 15" display. I can use the mouse to click on items and icons on the ScreenPad desktop.
Support suggested that I rollback the updates, but I have no instructions on how to do this.
I just purchased this laptop a month ago. Should I send it in for repair or is there a simple fix?

5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
jaimefuhr
  1. System: Windows 11 PRO
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: UX582HM - Zenbook Pro Duo 11th gen
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video: n/a

========================

Detailed description:

Not sure when this started, but I have a feeling it was after several updates on 3/21 that included a Windows BIOS update and ASUS ScreenXpert Interface.

When I touch the ScreenPad, it moves the mouse in the main 15" display. I can use the mouse to click on items and icons on the ScreenPad desktop.

Support suggested that I rollback the updates, but I have no instructions on how to do this.

I just purchased this laptop a month ago. Should I send it in for repair or is there a simple fix?

UX582HM ScreenPad touch is controlling the main display
@jaimefuhr
Please refer to the following for troubleshooting.
Recovery options in Windows[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the ScreenPad 2.0 problems when it is not working properly o...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

jaimefuhr
Star II
I was able to resolve this issue by running Tablet PC Settings -> Setup to re-identify the touchscreens.
image.png

Open Control Panel
Change View to Large Icons
Select Tablet PC Settings
Click Setup
Choose Touch setup.
The setup will display a message on the main screen, telling you to tap it. Then it will display the message in the ScreenPad display.
The touchscreens should be now be restored.

Falcon_ASUS
jaimefuhr

I was able to resolve this issue by running Tablet PC Settings -> Setup to re-identify the touchscreens.

image.png

1. Open Control Panel
  2. Change View to Large Icons
  3. Select Tablet PC Settings
  4. Click Setup
  5. Choose Touch setup.

The setup will display a message on the main screen, telling you to tap it. Then it will display the message in the ScreenPad display.

The touchscreens should be now be restored.

View post
@jaimefuhr
Thanks for the update.

khockaday69
Star I
I just wanted to say thank you very much for posting this. It was my exact problem. And after 3 rounds of Asus tech support with their final answer of a factory reset, I found this. It worked perfectly. So much for Asus tech support, complete waste of time.