blkxltng
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5s
Firmware Version: 18.1220.2201.192
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello,

I got a ROG Phone 5s and it works great! However I'm not seeing any options for WiFi calling in the settings. I have the latest firmware, and my carrier supports WiFi calling, as I have used it on several past devices. Will this be added in an update or is there something I can do to fix it?
Thanks
screenshot-20220222-104605939.jpg
screenshot-20220222-104648396.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

blkxltng
Star II
Is there no solution for this, or will a fix be provided in an update?

@Karen_ASUS @blkxltng
Are there any updates on this? Is Wi-Fi calling enabled by default or something? Or will this be fixed once the update to Android 12 is complete?
I am using ROG Phone 5 with T-Mobile and I am having the same problem that @blkxltng is having. I don't see wifi calling as a setting.

blkxltng
Star II
I just updated to Android 12 this morning; still not seeing an option for WiFi calling.
screenshot-20220407-085251567.jpg

Tysignus
Star I
Is there any update to this?
The only thing i can find online is a reddit post from a year ago on how to "enable" the options by dialing
-*#*#3642623344#*#*- (ignore the dashes: - at the start/end)
However the issue I run into when i "enable" this, then i cant seem to receive calls, My wife reported that its just going straight to VM. (and i never notice a call coming through)
IN addition: when dialing that number above if for whatever reason i reboot the phone, the options are visibly gone, (but still active it seems?) as i still have the issue of receiving calls, and if i dial the number again, and go into the wifi calling options, its still ticked "ON."

My carrier is Straight Talk (using ATT sim card) in the US. (using a US provisioned ROG 5s)

*previously i had ordered the Tencent version of the ROG 5s, but it was apparently region locked to China, but it did work with Straight Talk using the T-mobile SIM, and that one HAD the options for wifi calling already unlock/visible, but because of the poor service in my area i returned it and got the US region phone.

So not sure what the problem is and/or why this has to be so difficult.

edit1: Did some testing with the phone and having the wife calling me:
Wifi calling option OFF - call received just fine.
Wifi calling option ON with preferred wifi over mobile connection - Call received just fine.
Wifi Calling option ON with Preferred Mobile over Wifi connection - she said there was a slight delay in the call Connecting*
So maybe it was just some weird quirk or blip on the back end being funky, who knows. My previous phone was a Motorola 5g stylus and it was on the Verizon side of Straight talk, and shortly after owning it i received the message to "register" the wifi calling with my main two primary addresses (i assume home/work) or where i would typically be. but have not received this as of yet on this device.

blkxltng
Star II
screenshot-20220428-093140025-281-29.jpg
Updated to latest version today; still no wifi calling option.