tedsonchew
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG phone 5s
Firmware Version: 18.1220.2201.186
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The battery is abysmal. Over the last 3 days since I bought this, I have tried all kinds of system settings that have been posted here or on the internet but to no avail. Can't even last a day for 6000 mah. My ROG phone 2 outperforms this junk and it's 2 years old!
screenshot-20220420-081339903.jpg
I have never seen android system take up so much of the battery. It's usually the screen.
15 REPLIES 15

waxy78611
Zen Master I
tedsonchew

Battery life is much better! My phone doesn't heat up after using it for 10mins. Previously it used to heat up even when doing menial tasks. Thank you so much FunBike31! Please try this solution for all of you using 5s!

screenshot-20220423-130012169.jpg

View post
Dude you're getting 5 hours SOT &, you consider that good ? 😂😂😂

I'm out here getting 11+ hours SOT with 90hz enabled & 13+ hours SOT on 60hz

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@tedsonchew

It's better but it's still bad, Android System must not have 2 digits and YouTube consumes in 7min what it should do in +1h. (my Youtube made 3% in 45 min)
Android System consumption is not linked to the screen as you said above but by a buggy cache or by an active application or in the background that makes calls to Android (API). (we do not see the use of the battery by the application in this case because it uses the calls of the android system)
First, you should clear all caches, remove all background applications, then go to settings, search for Mobile Manager" and run Clean (analyze) then clean.
physically turn off the phone afterwards and turn it back on.
In a second step, it will be necessary to check the parameters of the possible optimizations, such as preventing the applications left from restarting

tedsonchew
Star I
@waxy78611 well... that's the best I can have currently....I have tried his solution. What would you suggest I do then to get your results?

tedsonchew
Star I
@FunBike31 I have been traveling so I haven't been able to further test your new recommendations. Here are the results.
screenshot-20220427-163916342.jpg
Android system is no longer hogging the battery and games/screen are where they should be. So right now, I'm getting 19 hours with more game time in. If you can see, the first time with the old firmware, I could do 1 hour of gaming. Now I can hit 3 hours, which is a huge improvement, but could this be increased? 3 hours of gameplay for a flagship gaming phone is still....

FunBike31
Community Legend I
On my games on average I get
around 7am in the evening with very low light (4g or wifi)
5h-5h30 during the day, 80% brightness, (4g or wifi)
in 5G I lose about 1h - I up to -1:30 if it no longer finds 5G
But there is no other use in the meantime except a little messenger and no background application.
BT off, GPS on as a general rule