This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenbook Windows10's Battery Report Cycle count not changing (on any type of charge)

gabrio81
Rising Star I
hi
Asus Zenbook UX325 11th Gen Core i7 - original Asus battery, approx 11 months.
So i am normally doing partial discharges to keep the battery last longer, usually 60% or 80% and sometimes to 100% - battery is healthy, however i noticed that the cycles count is stuck on win10's battery report, basically it doesn't count these partial charges as far as i can tell?
Why does that happen? 3rd party software batterycare correctly counts cycles or partial cycles, etc
image.png
image.png
thanks
14 REPLIES 14

Falcon_ASUS
gabrio81

hi

Asus Zenbook UX325 11th Gen Core i7 - original Asus battery, approx 11 months.

So i am normally doing partial discharges to keep the battery last longer, usually 60% or 80% and sometimes to 100% - battery is healthy, however i noticed that the cycles count is stuck on win10's battery report, basically it doesn't count these partial charges as far as i can tell?

Why does that happen? 3rd party software batterycare correctly counts cycles or partial cycles, etc

image.png

image.png

thanks

Asus Zenbook Windows10's Battery Report Cycle count not changing (on any type of charge)
@gabrio81
Have you updated your system and BIOS to the latest? If so, what is the current version?
Could you please provide me with all your test images for confirmation? (including third party software)
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

gabrio81
Rising Star I
hi there,

Yes i have BIOS 312 (latest) and just loaded optimised defaults yesterday actually, just in case, and also removed and added back this from Device Manager

image.png

This is windows battery report, just done now:
image.png
image.png
As you can see, windows' battery report is stuck at 79, while it's at 89 the actual now. Not a huge deal but i cannot understand what's going on...

Falcon_ASUS
gabrio81

hi there,

Yes i have BIOS 312 (latest) and just loaded optimised defaults yesterday actually, just in case, and also removed and added back this from Device Manager

image.png

This is windows battery report, just done now:

image.png

image.png

As you can see, windows' battery report is stuck at 79, while it's at 89 the actual now. Not a huge deal but i cannot understand what's going on...

View post
@gabrio81
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

gabrio81
Rising Star I
great thank you Falcon