apvrogue
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 5
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.67
Rooted or not: Non-Root
Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I received an OTA Android 12 update on my ROG PHONE 5, which I updated. Initially everything felt as if it is working fine. Its been only a day and I noticed a bug/issue with the update.

Issue 1: The phone is not detecting headphones connected to 3.5mm jack.
Solutions tried:
Tried a different headphone
Did factory reset
Tried safe boot

None of the above resolved the issue and still the phone is not detecting wired headphones via 3.5mm jack. On a side note, bluetooth headphones are working fine.

Issue 2: When sliding on the bluetooth headphones to increase/decrease volume, the volume will increase or decrease but the slider icon is not appearing in the screen showing up/down. In Android 11, it was working fine.
Solution: It was my mistake, I found the solution myself for the bluetooth volume problem, under audio in settings, there is bluetooth audio option where you have two options, absolute volume and individual volume. If you select absolute volume then everything is fine. I read some people reporting low bluetooth volume after A12 update, try this and see if it solve your problem.

Please let me know if anyone knows a solution to these problems and if you are facing the same issue after update.

As I discover more bugs, I'll update here.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi apvrogue,
You can check with a secondary earphones, as you have already tried factory reset, please run SMMI test and check if there is anything related to hardware.
How to Enter SMMI_TEST (test hardware)
Go to Calculator=>type " .12345+= "
you will be entered to SMMI_TEST
If nothing works, please visit the service center.

apvrogue
Star I
ARP_ASUS

Hi apvrogue,

You can check with a secondary earphones, as you have already tried factory reset, please run SMMI test and check if there is anything related to hardware.

View post
Thank you for your response. Yes I have already tried the SMMI TEST, it won't detect when connecting a earphone in the port. I have tried a second earphone as well. It also was not detected. So both failed. Like you said now the only thing left is to take it to service center it seems.

florincostescu
Star II
Guys, I'm going nuts, enrolled in beta program Android 12, since almost 2 months no critical issues.
Since 24h suddenly same problem, doesn't recognize my wired headphones. With AeroCooler attached works fine but original headphones jack is dead.
Not comfortable with sending the unit to repair center. Downgrade to 11 will make it work again?
There must be an easier way

florincostescu
Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi apvrogue,

View post
Hi ARP_ASUS, can you please help me downgrading to Android 11 before running out of solutions, please?
I would like to avoid going to repair center if downgrading would make the audio jack working back again, thanks