JebaitedbyROG
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG PHONE 5S
Firmware Version: .226
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 1-2 moths interval
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have a 6 month old ROG 5S and I have its Mobo replaced 3 times already. All due to the same issue sudden shutdown while playing Genshin Impact.
1st time - I set the highest graphics settings so I guess that's my bad
2nd time - 60 Fps with a mix of high and medium graphics settings
3rd time - 60 Fps with all medium graphics settings
I actually bought this phone mainly to play genshin impact in 60fps but I can't even maintain 50 Fps. It's kinda depressing tbh.
I read some discussions about how after the android 12 software update the performance was severely downgraded. Now I'm not sure if I can continue playing the game with this phone anymore.
8 REPLIES 8

Karen_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi JebaitedbyROG,
We are sorry to hear about your device. Could you provide us with the RMA number?
Thank you.

Karen_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi JebaitedbyROG,
Besides, does the three sudden shutdown all happens while playing Genshin Impact?
Could the phone be turned on after each three sudden shutdown?
Thank you.

MT0
Rising Star II
Happen to me also while playing genshin impact when my rog phone 5 vanilla is running the same firmware .226 and take note Im only running at medium settings at 60 fps . that's the second time I went to the service center and replace my mother board again, cuz the first service center was the speaker all of the sudden both of my speaker just died the only way for you to hear the sound again is connecting a wire earphones or Bluetooth speaker so they replaced my speaker and mother board and the third service center was wifi issue so same again mother board replacement . I email asus how I'm disappointed on their phone of how unreliable it is luckily for me asus extended my warranty for another year after they look at my S/N on the repair history of my phone.... Now Im running android 12 so far the phone is stable on my side it just that when im playing super demanding games like genshin impact I just lock it at 30fps at highest settings so the temps are stable between 40c to 45c cuz im to scared again that my phone would die again cuz of the high thermals when playing genshin impact it can reach easily up to 50c above during 10 to 15 mins of gameplay at the highest settings ...

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.