cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Admin

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

This update inherits the major functional changes introduced in the official version of Android 12, as well as continuing the popular ASUS battery- and performance-management features. For Zenfone models, it also includes ZenUI-specific changes that allow easier navigation, streamlined control panels, increased visibility for better control and more customization options. 

ASUS has already recruited Zenfone 8 users for the Android 12 beta testing program. The beta program will help identify and fix bugs based on real user experiences before the final software is rolled out in December. 

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

rog-phone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan-1080x1080.jpg

261 REPLIES 261

sordeliel
Star III
Will it be available for Rog Phone 2?

adrkli
Star III
Anyone can confirm that problem with searching bar widgets was solved on latest Android 12? Can we change the size vertically?
image.png

seaplace
Star I
THIS CRAP installed itself overnight!!!
I woke up to find my quick settings some sort of colored, bloated tiles that fit 8 instead of 16 icons, and havent been so angry since win8 failed Tile experiment.
WTF ASUS you release a shit android 12 with nauseating PURPLE fucking TILES that take up FAR FAR to much space and somehow also has WORSE functionality.
Im absolutely furious, and the only way to get rid of this misserable crap is to roll back to Android 11, and have to reinstall everything again.
Im never buying a asus phone again.

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
seaplace

THIS CRAP installed itself overnight!!!

I woke up to find my quick settings some sort of colored, bloated tiles that fit 8 instead of 16 icons, and havent been so angry since win8 failed Tile experiment.

WTF ASUS you release a shit android 12 with nauseating PURPLE fucking TILES that take up FAR FAR to much space and somehow also has WORSE functionality.

Im absolutely furious, and the only way to get rid of this misserable crap is to roll back to Android 11, and have to reinstall everything again.

Im never buying a asus phone again.

View post
What did you expect exactly? This is what almost Android 12 looks like, and ZenUI does little modifications to the UI. Blame Google for the UI choices, Asus did not do these changes

adrkli
Star III
adrkli

Anyone can confirm that problem with searching bar widgets was solved on latest Android 12? Can we change the size vertically?

image.png

View post
Anyone guys...?