This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification light doesn't notify

pedalblimp
Star II
I have recently bought a Zenfone 8 and am trying to set it up. The notification light works when I'm charging the phone, but doesn't light up for anything else, including SMS and WhatsApp. I have definitely set the notification LED setting to on, and switched on the option to blink when receiving notifications. Following other bug reports here I've tried setting the notification to have a tone rather than be silent, even though I'd prefer silence, and that doesn't work either. I was using Durable battery mode, but tried changing that to Advanced and still don't get a light. What else can I try?
11 REPLIES 11

pedalblimp
Star II
Okay, I think that might have sorted it out for WhatsApp - as well as changing the overall Settings of the app, looks like I have to go into each chat (individual ones as well as group chats), click on the person or group's name (not the three dots I'd assumed any settings would be under) and then set that chat to use 'custom' notifications... What's the point of the Settings section if it doesn't set the settings? 🤣🤣 Still, might have got there eventually 😆😆

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
Yep that's exactly each group needs a custom notification but each person shouldn't. That's how I have it set up on mine.