Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

manasjain007
Star II
Consumer laws in India are won't do much to protect consumer rights.
If we face a dead wifi-hotspot problem on our 'out of warranty' ROG Phone 5, we are liable to pay for motherboard replacement charges rs 38612 + gst for the 8GB/128GB variant.
Where this problem only occurs due to poor hardware quality & buggy OS updates. And quite common with ROG Phone 5 users.
What we have to do is boycott ASUS products as a protest.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
To all the Indian ROG 5 users, whoever is facing issues with their phone after motherboard replacement, feel free to contact me. I have formally file a case against the company for providing defective motherboard replacement and releasing no official statement on the problem being solved or not.
If you feel that you are being cheated join me as i fight with you all and get justice for you all.
I have got the perfect lawyer for this case and yes he is taking hefty money to fight but its not going to go on waste as we all are facing the same problem again and again.
Its time we show them what it feels like looting our hard earned money and wasting our precious time.

Yamini
Star III
Has anyone updated their Android version to the latest Android 12? and facing any issue(same/new)?

IndonesiaIqbal
Star II
Hi after 2 days upgrading to android 12 my wifi toggle button wont turn on, and sometime when i turn off my phone i cant turn in on again unless i use volume down and power button to power it up,
i already tried factory reset, network reset, and still not fixing my problem.
and WOOOW how can a premium phone like this get support that has to go to the service center even though this is a new phone, I'm starting to regret moving from apple to android, my iphone 7+ is 6 years old and has never had a problem for a day.

ReaperZ_Wolf

To all the Indian ROG 5 users, whoever is facing issues with their phone after motherboard replacement, feel free to contact me. I have formally file a case against the company for providing defective motherboard replacement and releasing no official statement on the problem being solved or not.

If you feel that you are being cheated join me as i fight with you all and get justice for you all.

I have got the perfect lawyer for this case and yes he is taking hefty money to fight but its not going to go on waste as we all are facing the same problem again and again.

Its time we show them what it feels like looting our hard earned money and wasting our precious time.

View post
Maybe you could also contact Girard Sharp for reference. They are investigating similar issues with ZenFone 8.
h t t p s ://www.girardsharp.com/work-investigations-asus-zenfone
Add https:// to the links.
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/60028/zenfone-8-wifi-wont-activate-since-android-12 
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/59036/android-12-update-wi-fi-hot-spot-problems
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/58020/zenfone-8-android-12-wifi-and-hotspot-cannot-be-turned-on
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/57075/wifi-is-not-turning-on-and-hotspot-too/