tedsonchew
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG phone 5s
Firmware Version: 18.1220.2201.186
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The battery is abysmal. Over the last 3 days since I bought this, I have tried all kinds of system settings that have been posted here or on the internet but to no avail. Can't even last a day for 6000 mah. My ROG phone 2 outperforms this junk and it's 2 years old!
screenshot-20220420-081339903.jpg
I have never seen android system take up so much of the battery. It's usually the screen.
15 REPLIES 15

FunBike31
Community Legend I
tedsonchew

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG phone 5s
  2. Firmware Version: 18.1220.2201.186
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The battery is abysmal. Over the last 3 days since I bought this, I have tried all kinds of system settings that have been posted here or on the internet but to no avail. Can't even last a day for 6000 mah. My ROG phone 2 outperforms this junk and it's 2 years old!

screenshot-20220420-081339903.jpg

I have never seen android system take up so much of the battery. It's usually the screen.

ROG phone 5s battery issues
Did you buy this ROG 5s new? and it is only 3 days old, you should return it if you have the possibility, which is usually the case for a 3d purchase.

tedson_chew
Star I
Yes, I bought it new. I checked using *#*#786#*#* When I bought my new ROG phone 2, it could last 2 days on a single charge and it was amazing. Hence, when it died due to main board issues, I bought this phone. I was surprised that while setting up and installing apps, it took my 50% batt down to 30%. I dismissed it, charged my phone till the second day. It couldn't last the whole day. I did a quick search on google and it seems to be a common issue. I tried changing the settings as to what was advised, but it didn't help.

tedsonchew
Star I
screenshot-20220420-235333446.jpg
Here's today's usage. Android system is still the top, which shouldn't be. Games or screen should take up the most.

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Try to reset you phone
Maybe there're some bugs on it