This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 8 always occur Echoing sound while having phone calls in speaker mode

alexweiheng7
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: 31.1010.0410.43 (just upgrade to android 12)
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When I am having a call with anyone (even using internet call or normal cellular call). and I turn on my speaker mode, my Zenfone 8 will have very loud echo sound until it is very hard to bare.
I have test voice recorder and speaker, all was ok and even tested at in calculator apps with .12345+=. everything was fine.
I have just bought this phone and barely even use for few week and started using it and this occur 😥.
right now I am still finding ways to rollback to android 11 and hoping that is it software problem.

thank you.
51 REPLIES 51

CKarlsson
Star I
I just bought the zenfone 8 and have the same issue, when using speaker microphone people react and tell me that the sound quality is bad with echoing sound. This is a problem for me when i want to put my phone on the table when i am sitting in meeting calls or when i am driving the car.

kristoffia
Star III
I have a similar problem, when I talk in a group (my family) via my phone with others on loudspeakers, e.g. on a messenger or on the phone, they can hear me, my son and other members of my family. But after seconds, they only hear me, e.g. my son will say something, the others cannot hear him. As if the microphone was only picking up my voice. This problem has been occurring since some update.

arielsajda
Rising Star II

handsupzsolla
Star III
Unfortunately, the same problem is for me. I'm afraid another problem will start again (ramdump already was). Has anyone improved this or has someone moderated it?

alexweiheng7
Star II
it is just sad that I am unable to use my new zenfone 8 for 3 months already since I often use a lot of speaker mode while calling. currently, I am still using my old phone.
I just hope that it is a software issue and it will be solved by updating the software. if it is hardware issue it will be pain in the ass for me to go to my local official Asus shop since is so far away. 😥