This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification light doesn't notify

pedalblimp
Star II
I have recently bought a Zenfone 8 and am trying to set it up. The notification light works when I'm charging the phone, but doesn't light up for anything else, including SMS and WhatsApp. I have definitely set the notification LED setting to on, and switched on the option to blink when receiving notifications. Following other bug reports here I've tried setting the notification to have a tone rather than be silent, even though I'd prefer silence, and that doesn't work either. I was using Durable battery mode, but tried changing that to Advanced and still don't get a light. What else can I try?
11 REPLIES 11

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Try to reset your phone
Maybe there are some bugs on it

pedalblimp
Star II
I've only had the phone a week... And if there's bugs in the software, resetting won't change that software, will it?
(Does anyone from Asus tech support ever comment on this board, or are we all just working it out for ourselves?)

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
Resetting won't fix it
You need the following settings to make it work in messenger and whatsapp
screenshot-20220420-110105675.jpg
screenshot-20220420-110050667.jpg
screenshot-20220420-110028772.jpg

pedalblimp
Star II
Thanks for that - those are the settings I've got for WhatsApp and SMS, though, apart from using a sound for WhatsApp rather than silence, and that still doesn't get me a notification light.
What's the top screenshot from? I can't seem to find that screen anywhere, so maybe that's the one I'm missing...

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
one of those is for the google messenger program. with the whatsapp settings..make sure you go through and reselect all the other options one after another eg notification tone, vibrate, light. also double check the notification settings have blink light enabled in the settings/apps & notification --whatsapp/notification/group notifications and message notifications.

with the whatsapp group notification you will have to go to the group and override the notification by selecting custom notifications (first screen shot)