This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FN+Arrow Keys no longer change aura brightness of the keyboard ASUS TUF A15 FA506QM

System: Windows 10 Home 64bits
Battery or AC: Both
Model: ASUS TUF A15 FA506QM
Frequency of occurrence: Always since a few days
Reset OS: Not yet
Screenshot or video: In the comments section
========================
Detailed description: I have the same problem from this closed discussion:
rnogueira611
  1. System: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Asus TUF A15 FA506QM (R7 5800H + RTX 3060 + 16gb 3200mhz)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always happening, since a few days ago
  5. Reset OS: Not yet
  6. Screenshot or video: -

========================

Detailed description:Every Hotkey works perfectly, including the FN+RIGHT/LEFT hotkey to change the aura mode, but the FN+UP/DOWN stopped working a few days, I haven't done anything in particular to cause this problem, the pc is brand new, i got it 10 days ago, it is pretty much stock.

Help please.

Also, when I run diagnostics on MyAsus app, it doesn't let me see the result for some reason.

FN+Arrow Keys no longer change aura brightness of the keyboard_ Brand New Asus TUF A15 FA506QM
Where every Hotkey works perfectly, including the FN+RIGHT/LEFT hotkey to change the aura mode, but the FN+UP/DOWN stopped working a few days. I read the discussion, and then checked my laptop, and then I saw my serial number was overwritten to a bogus one: 12345678901234567, which is also present in the BIOS menu. It seems the problem was triggered when Windows, via its Update service, updated the firmware/BIOS, which triggered the Hotkey problem. I tried many ways to fix the problem, but I couldn't solved that by myself. I need help, please.
2 REPLIES 2

Couldn´t clip the screenshot of the bogus serial number in the topic, so I posted here in the comments:
img-20220419-020035.jpg

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
Please check your PM.
Thank you.