This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification light doesn't notify

pedalblimp
Star II
I have recently bought a Zenfone 8 and am trying to set it up. The notification light works when I'm charging the phone, but doesn't light up for anything else, including SMS and WhatsApp. I have definitely set the notification LED setting to on, and switched on the option to blink when receiving notifications. Following other bug reports here I've tried setting the notification to have a tone rather than be silent, even though I'd prefer silence, and that doesn't work either. I was using Durable battery mode, but tried changing that to Advanced and still don't get a light. What else can I try?
11 REPLIES 11

martinparker28
Rising Star II
Just to recap, have you gone into "Display" then into "LED Indicator" (before you toggle it to on) as there are two options in there one to "Light up when charging" and "Flash when Notification arrives"?

pedalblimp
Star II
Yes, I've definitely gone into the LED indicator setting and switched both options on. I've also set the setting in WhatsApp to use the notification light, and chosen colours I know the LED can make because they're colours the charging light makes, and set it to make a sound on notification. I'm getting the sound now (I had to remove the app from battery control, because somehow 'control background use' seems to be considered a reason to stop a communications app from communicating) but still no light.

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
With messages make sure you have all the "suggestions" options turned off. I noticed if you leave any of these options on the notification light won't work.
With whatsapp you will need to go each chat option and select notification light to be on

pedalblimp
Star II
I have already enabled the light option for single and group chats - is there some other option apart from those?