This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 8 always occur Echoing sound while having phone calls in speaker mode

alexweiheng7
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: 31.1010.0410.43 (just upgrade to android 12)
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When I am having a call with anyone (even using internet call or normal cellular call). and I turn on my speaker mode, my Zenfone 8 will have very loud echo sound until it is very hard to bare.
I have test voice recorder and speaker, all was ok and even tested at in calculator apps with .12345+=. everything was fine.
I have just bought this phone and barely even use for few week and started using it and this occur 😥.
right now I am still finding ways to rollback to android 11 and hoping that is it software problem.

thank you.
51 REPLIES 51

Ronbonjovi
Star I
alexweiheng7

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 8
  2. Firmware Version: 31.1010.0410.43 (just upgrade to android 12)
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

When I am having a call with anyone (even using internet call or normal cellular call). and I turn on my speaker mode, my Zenfone 8 will have very loud echo sound until it is very hard to bare.

I have test voice recorder and speaker, all was ok and even tested at in calculator apps with .12345+=. everything was fine.

I have just bought this phone and barely even use for few week and started using it and this occur 😥.

right now I am still finding ways to rollback to android 11 and hoping that is it software problem.

thank you.

Asus Zenfone 8 always occur Echoing sound while having phone calls in speaker mode
Same thing here but it work well until one of the updates and I not sure which one caused it.

arielsajda
Rising Star II
Same Issue here! Ppl always complaining about annoying echo while I'm on loudspeaker. Latest build *.43 😞

alexweiheng7
Star II
Anyone can share any links or guide on how to downgrade from android 12 to android 11 for my zenfone 8? since there is no new update and respond from Asus on the solution process. Appreciated in advance.

alexweiheng7
Star II
alexweiheng7

Anyone can share any links or guide on how to downgrade from android 12 to android 11 for my zenfone 8? since there is no new update and respond from Asus on the solution process. Appreciated in advance.

View post
finally i found it on how to downgrade it from android 12 to 11 by using Asus official website (https://www.asus.com/Mobile/Phones/ZenFone/Zenfone-8/helpdesk_bios/) sadly my local Asus website does not have it. and follow by the steps of the update. =.=
Steps of Update:
1. Download the firmware to internal storage.
2. Remove Google Account.
3. Pull down the quick setting list.
4. The system will pop up a message which detected a firmware update info.
5. Execute the downgrade firmware file.

* If you skip step 5, and you don't know how to trigger the downgrade process again. Please reboot the system, and the downgrade info will pop up again.

*Update:- after downgraded to android 11 is still the same =.=