KyrbontvPeckey
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5s
Firmware Version: 18.12220.2202.206
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After update software system 23/03/2022, my phone restart, and after that wifi and hotspot cant turn on. Sorry before my english bad.
Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

nitrous25
Star I
Same here after the update. Wifi and hotspot not connecting. Definately no need to change the motherboard if its a software issue which can be fixed via an update. If we change the motherboard and receive the same update again how many times will you change it.

darthwaldi85
Star I
Now i have the same issue 😞
This is my second and last one ROG Phone, 15 years with Smartphones and in 2 years three times display broken in ROG3 and WLAN issues and now ROG5 😞

KyrbontvPeckey
Star II
nitrous25

Same here after the update. Wifi and hotspot not connecting. Definately no need to change the motherboard if its a software issue which can be fixed via an update. If we change the motherboard and receive the same update again how many times will you change it.

View post
i think so bro. but i just can hope asus give best solution 😞
thank you bro

nitrous25
Star I
KyrbontvPeckey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/209928#Comment_209928

i think so bro. but i just can hope asus give best solution 😞

thank you bro

View post
Even I am going to visit service centre next week. This is my third Asus phone and probably the last one. I have know how bad their software updates are for a long time still made a mistake of trusting them. This serves as a lesson for us all. Go for a reputed brand and not just gimmicks.