This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLOW X13 2021, which USB C port works as DisplayPort?

ARog2
Star I
System: Flow X13
Model: GV301QC-K6133T
Version: 10.0.19044 N/A Build 19044
BIOS Version: GV301QC.409, 2022-01-27
========================
Detailed description: The device is from Germany, which USB C port works as DisplayPort?
Bought a USB C hub (Brand: Novoo) and tried to connect the left and right USB C ports and the results are the following: Left USB C port: the mouse, keyboard and Bluetooth headset, charging are not working and the dual external monitors are not working.
Right USB C port: the mouse, keyboard and Bluetooth headset, charging is not working (due to German SKU) and the dual external monitors are not working.
Both monitors are working, USB C hub is working (connected to Thinkpad T14, charging, dual external monitors, mouse, keyboard and Bluetooth headset).
What could the issue be? Windows OS, USB C ports, firmware or drivers?
12 REPLIES 12

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
If updating BIOS and driver could not resolve the issue.
You may consider reset the system.
Please ensure your important data is backup.
Or I would suggest contact service center to do further inspection.
Thank you.

ARog2
Star I
hello, hello,
just want to double-check, when you say to reset the system, you mean to reinstall windows 10 correct?
Thanks in advance.

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hello,
Because the other function of your PC is fine, I am wondering it's setting issue.
Therefore I am thinking of try reset Windows first.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and keep my personal files | Official Support | ASUS GlobalIf you would like to reinstall Windows 10, that's also ok.
But no matter which way,please ensure your important data is backup.
Thank you.

ARog2
Star I
Hi there,
it seems like the usb c hub (Novoo 12 port hub) is not compatible with flow x13. I manage to get hold of another USB C hub (HDMI, VGA, DVI, USB) and connected that to either USB C port and it worked, the ports worked as DisplayPort. With the 4 ports USB C I can only connect one monitor at a time.
With that, I can assume the USB-C ports on my Flow X-13 can work as a DisplayPort, correct? or could it be a problem with the ports so I should send in the laptop for service?
Do you have any recommendations for what USB C hub I should get?
Thanks in advance.

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
Thanks for your cross check.
Yes, Flow X-13 USB-C can work as DisplayPort.
You may check below if there is dock that fit your need.
All series|Docks Dongles and Cable|ASUS Global
Thank you.