Heating issue after motherboard change

Ryan2906
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: 229
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Heating of phone even with menial tasks
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I had the wifi and hotspot issue where it won't turn on for which the solution given was changing of the motherboard. After my motherboard was changed from the service centre, I have been having overheating issue with my phone.
Even with normal usage of phone for menial tasks, the phone heats up. ROG 5 being a gaming phone, doesn't quite give a nice experience due to the issue I'm facing. Only after 1-2 games, the phone heats up like crazy and then starts the frame drop and lagging in-game.
Please revert back and give me a solution for this because this is now a problem for me as I can't even play a third game without frame drops and lag which is not what I bought a GAMING PHONE for.
8 REPLIES 8

Ryan2906
Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi Ryan2906,

It's always better to visit Service center if your phone is recently repaired and if you are still not satisfied by the service.

Can you share the screenshot/video of the armory create and the screen where I can see the device temperature.

View post
This is just the normal temperature without any phone usage. I took my phone right now, so basically it was ideal, on dynamic mode, inside my room so not even due to weather. I contacted the service centre and they asked me to submit the phone again but I can't keep giving my phone to the service centre for a week straight all the time. Please look into this, I am very unsatisfied by this.

Ryan2906
Star II
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/59125/heating-issue-after-motherboard-change

I bet your service center forgot to give paste to your phone and that's what makes your phone easily heat

View post
I visited service centre, they even put paste and just one game I played, still the issue is not resolved. The attached screenshot is literally after one game.
@ARP_ASUS Please respond.

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Ryan2906

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208335#Comment_208335

I visited service centre, they even put paste and just one game I played, still the issue is not resolved. The attached screenshot is literally after one game.

screenshot-20220406-205029319.jpg

@ARP_ASUS Please respond.

View post
That's normal to reach 41c when played games with xmod
Nothing wrong here

Ryan2906
Star II
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/209733#Comment_209733

That's normal to reach 41c when played games with xmod

Nothing wrong here

View post
Okay thanks, I shall still test it out today and if any problems arise, I shall update.