cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug] USB-C doesn't work correctly since Android 12 update

Angor
Star II
Hi there.
I have an Asus Zenfone 8 and it recently asked me to do an update which, apparently was Android 12 since the whole UI was revamped. My problem is, exactly since this update i cannot make the USB-C work on a computer.
What do I mean by this? If I try to connect my phone with the USB-C cable and the adapter on a power outlet, it charges up, everything is fine.
But if I try to connect it to my pc with an USB-C cable, something very weird happens. The battery icon starts "flickering" in a way that could remind a bad contact. And so I cannot charge up my phone on PC or transfer files. Problem is : I tried it with different cables and they all failed but work with other phones so they are not the problem, the phone is...
I saw somewhere that this kind of issues could be easily resolved by performing a Wipe Cache Partition in recovery mode. Except that this option is not available in my recovery mode. I only get the Wipe data/factory reset option...
So here I am after nearly two weeks and no update for my phone that could correct my problem. Does anyone have an idea? Is my only option to Wipe data/factory reset?
Thanks for reading me.

12 REPLIES 12

jackytkh
Rising Star I
Angor

I just had an update for Android 12 and the bug is still here...

View post
ASUS checked my log, and told me it is a hardware problem...

Angor
Star II
jackytkh

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/209455#Comment_209455

ASUS checked my log, and told me it is a hardware problem...

View post
Wait, hardware? So like what, the phone in itself is suddenly defective?
Or is the hardware not compatible with new versions of Android? Seems weird since it happened with 2 different phones with 2 different OS versions.
Could you share with me how you managed to contact Asus and give them your log?

gillamara0
Star I
Get instructions on downloading the latest software update for performance improvements to your Galaxy Note10+, including current Android security patches.

jackytkh
Rising Star I
Angor

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/209531#Comment_209531

Wait, hardware? So like what, the phone in itself is suddenly defective?

Or is the hardware not compatible with new versions of Android? Seems weird since it happened with 2 different phones with 2 different OS versions.

Could you share with me how you managed to contact Asus and give them your log?

View post
ASUS said the OCP (over current protect) cause the problem, i lost QC charging and Pc connecting function now

use the Calculator, and insert ".19595+=" , and then can see the "log tool", and u can try to make the log when the problem happening

Angor
Star II
jackytkh

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/209534#Comment_209534

ASUS said the OCP (over current protect) cause the problem, i lost QC charging and Pc connecting function now

use the Calculator, and insert ".19595+=" , and then can see the "log tool", and u can try to make the log when the problem happening

View post
Thank you for your help.
I tried to contact the support, I'll tell you what happens next.
Thank you for your help! I hope we'll find a solution to our problem ^^'