cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 Feedback and questions

Andrew_908
Star II
Hello all,
I would like to start by thanking ASUS for creating such a good phone with the correct balance between price and quality. I bought my phone almost 2 months ago and I am extremly happy with it and wouldn't trade it for other phones.
But as with every great phone it has a few issues that I would like to highlight.
Bellow you will find a list of bugs and features that would be great if they would be fixed/introduced. They are not critical, just nice to have.
Bugs:
Sometimes when you have an app running in the background ( Like mxplayer) then you press the power button to lock the phone, wait a couple of minutes and then turn the phone back on, it doesn't recognize the fingerprint any more and I need to input the code manually. I don't know if the Zenfone 6 has a pin check ( like after these n number of using the fingerprint you need to input the code) or it is a bug.
The progress bar for copying files in the File manager is not always displaying correctly the progress. Also there isn't a progress bar when permanently deleting files ( I haven't tested to see if there is for just deleting files) and it would be nice to have one.
Coping a file inside the hidden cabinet is not possible. If you copy a folder to the hidden cabinet and then you want to copy inside that folder a file from your normal drive this isn't possible as the option doesn't appear. Even you copy the file to the hidden cabinet and then go inside the hidden cabinet you still can't move the file inside the folder.
Features( nice to have).
The ability to select and share multiple pictures from the camera gallery ( not the normal one). Multiple phones allow for this option, but I haven't managed to do it on this phone. So that after I take a couple of pictures I am able to select them and then share them via Whatsup or some other chat app with my friends and family.
An offset option for the automatic brightness feature. I like my phone to be a little brighter than normal it would be great if I would be able to select a 10% offset to the automatic brightness so that when it automatically adjusts it sets a brightnesses 10% higher than the normal standard.
A widget for Memory cleaner would be nice and if possible to also show how much ram is used.
Call vibration localisation. It has happened to me very often that I don't feel my phone vibrating in my pocket, but I guess it is because of how it is vibrating so I don't know if this is possible, but it would be great if it would be possible to choose the area where to vibrate.

Have a nice day.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Andrew_908

Hello all,

I would like to start by thanking ASUS for creating such a good phone with the correct balance between price and quality. I bought my phone almost 2 months ago and I am extremly happy with it and wouldn't trade it for other phones.

But as with every great phone it has a few issues that I would like to highlight.

Bellow you will find a list of bugs and features that would be great if they would be fixed/introduced. They are not critical, just nice to have.

Bugs:

1. Sometimes when you have an app running in the background ( Like mxplayer) then you press the power button to lock the phone, wait a couple of minutes and then turn the phone back on, it doesn't recognize the fingerprint any more and I need to input the code manually. I don't know if the Zenfone 6 has a pin check ( like after these n number of using the fingerprint you need to input the code) or it is a bug.
  2. The progress bar for copying files in the File manager is not always displaying correctly the progress. Also there isn't a progress bar when permanently deleting files ( I haven't tested to see if there is for just deleting files) and it would be nice to have one.
  3. Coping a file inside the hidden cabinet is not possible. If you copy a folder to the hidden cabinet and then you want to copy inside that folder a file from your normal drive this isn't possible as the option doesn't appear. Even you copy the file to the hidden cabinet and then go inside the hidden cabinet you still can't move the file inside the folder.

Features( nice to have).

1. The ability to select and share multiple pictures from the camera gallery ( not the normal one). Multiple phones allow for this option, but I haven't managed to do it on this phone. So that after I take a couple of pictures I am able to select them and then share them via Whatsup or some other chat app with my friends and family.
  2. An offset option for the automatic brightness feature. I like my phone to be a little brighter than normal it would be great if I would be able to select a 10% offset to the automatic brightness so that when it automatically adjusts it sets a brightnesses 10% higher than the normal standard.
  3. A widget for Memory cleaner would be nice and if possible to also show how much ram is used.
  4. Call vibration localisation. It has happened to me very often that I don't feel my phone vibrating in my pocket, but I guess it is because of how it is vibrating so I don't know if this is possible, but it would be great if it would be possible to choose the area where to vibrate.

Have a nice day.

Zenfone 6 Feedback and questions
jis has already explained why this is happening. Unless you say it happens more often?
I can't say I've seen the issue you're describing. Then again, I don't really transfer large files that often. If I delete 1Gb of files, then it's almost instant. No need for a progress bar. You're welcome to send a video of this issue to make it easier for us to see what you mean.
Yeah, it's a bit limited. You currently need to move everything outside of the hidden cabinet to move stuff around and then back into the cabinet. It's not really mean to hold folders and to organize files within them. I can ask our developers if it's possible to do what you're asking but my guess is that it requires a little bit more than just adding a string of code.
About the nice to have features
I can propose this as a suggestion to our developers. Until we change (if we change) you will need to access the gallery app and share them from there.
Googles adaptive brightness (which ZenFone 6 uses) learns what you like. If you keep increasing the brightness a little bit every time you find it too low, it will eventually set it at the level you prefer.
There's a Memory cleaner quick button that you can find if you pull down the quick menu two times. You will see a pen icon that lets you or edit your quick buttons. Better than having a big widget. But personally I would never use a memory cleaner. It's only there because users want it. It's not recommended by Google or any manufacturer. Android will take the RAM it needs when it needs it. Clearing your ram will kill most apps so they need to restart automatically or when you enter them. The end result is unnecessary battery consumption and your performance won't change. The best memory is a full memory because empty memory uses the same amount of power.
The area where to vibrate? How do you suppose we do this? The vibrators are located where they are located. Do you mean you want to be able to change how they vibrate? The vibration pattern?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

prashanth
Rising Star II
The fingerprint thing is an issue....i noticed it many times tooo..... fingerprint stops working suddenly @Anders_ASUS

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I have that fingerprint bug too. Seems very random to me

_jis_
Zen Master III
prashanth

The fingerprint thing is an issue....i noticed it many times tooo..... fingerprint stops working suddenly @Anders_ASUS

View post
This is a standard Android security behavior that is of course implemented on ZF6 too:
Unlock with your fingerprint - Nexus HelpFor security, you'll unlock with your backup PIN, pattern, or password after:
Your fingerprint isn't recognized after a few tries
You restart (reboot) your phone
You switch to a different user
More than 48 hours have passed since you last unlocked using your backup method

But this security feature is not implemented correctly on ZF6.

We all have experience of how it works on ZF6. I unlock my phone with a fingerprint, but every few days (see above citation from Nexus help) the phone doesn't respond to my fingerprint at all, the screen stays off. Then I have to turn on the phone with the side button and then I see a locked lock on the bottom of the screen. I need to touch it to bring up the PIN input screen.

On all other Android phones, when you touch your finger, the PIN input screen automatically appears when this security situation happens, it is repeated every few days.

_jis_
Zen Master III
BTW This thread is wrongly flagged as Answered despite that it isn't.