Star III
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: UX482EG
Frequency of occurrence: Regular
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I am having battery life issue on so called power saving mode of ASUS i.e Whisper mode. I am getting 5 hours battery life (screenpad off) on edge video playback 720p. In comparison I am getting 10 hours battery life on Balanced mode with same operations. Consulted service centre few times. They have no answers. Have written mails to ASUS with no response from 8 months. If Whisper mode is the mist power efficient mode in ASUS laptops then why I am getting rhe worst battery life after switching to that mode. Can I anyone help?
29 REPLIES 29

kapilharmilapi
Star III
To summarize the issue, video playback on wifi on Balanced mode for 2hrs reduces battery by 20% in comparison to video playback on wifi for 2hrs reduces battery by 40% on Whisper Mode.

kapilharmilapi
Star III
Just a quick update...At 50% battery I switched it over to Balanced mode while using YouTube video playback on edge. It took 9% battery in 1hr on this mode. Screenpad is off. Screenshot is attached for your reference.

Falcon_ASUS
kapilharmilapi

Just a quick update...At 50% battery I switched it over to Balanced mode while using YouTube video playback on edge. It took 9% battery in 1hr on this mode. Screenpad is off. Screenshot is attached for your reference.

50-25-to-41-25-after-1hr-usage-on-balanced-mode.jpg

View post
@kapilharmilapi
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
@kapilharmilapi I have noticed the same behaviour here intermittently between MyAsus software updates. If you use your device in performance mode do you get better battery life?
I leave mine in performance mode and can get down to 4W usage in idle, it gives me maybe 10-12 hours useful battery life.
Use a battery monitoring software to check what your power drain is, and then do a powercfg report and analyse it.
I also found that if you use Windows' battery saver mode at least once after turning on your device, any telemetry or remote monitoring is paused and causes the OS to consume a lot less power even after you turn battery saver off again.
Let us know how you go with the situation. It's really a great ultrabook when the battery lasts!

kapilharmilapi
Star III
@potatosubwoofer
Which battery monitoring software do you use? I haven't checked my laptop on Performance mode yet. Will check tomorrow.
I get 5 hrs battery life on main screen (screenpad off) : Video playback on YouTube on edge on Whisper mode.
I get 10 hrs battery life on main screen (screenpad off) : Video playback on YouTube on edge on Balanced mode.
I get 4 hrs battery life on main screen : Video playback on YouTube on edge and Screenpad : Windows explorer opened on Whisper mode.
I get 8 hrs battery life on main screen : Video playback on YouTube on edge and Screenpad : Windows explorer opened on Balanced mode.
Can u please explain when you use your laptop on Performance mode and you get 10 to 12 hrs battery life, are u using both the screens? Let me know you battery life on Performance mode with main display (screenpad off) and both displays ON individually. Thanks