This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance for BIOS update to allow disabling fTPM?

Hamstray
Rising Star I
System: Windows 10 64-bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zephyrus G15 GA503QS
Frequency of occurrence: Random
Reset OS: Too Many Times
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hello, since AMD have officially acknowledged the fTPM stutter issues that have been plaguing me since getting my laptop, would it be possible for ASUS to release a new version of my laptop's BIOS that allows me to disable fTPM until and if an actual fix arrives? I know AMD claims to have something in the works but it still requires waiting at least until May, and even then it might not even work in the end. In any case I'd like to be able to disable fTPM, I don't think it's right to force it on me.
Unfortunately the support in my country is a complete travesty (they still ignore the fTPM issue even though it's been in news media and AMD themselves said the issue exists, in fact before the issue got official recognition they went as far as trying to convince me that 1. my laptop doesn't have any TPM and 2. that AMD chipsets don't support TPM in general) so I can't get any assistance from them.
89 REPLIES 89

kb9gxk
Star I
Secure boot and TPM or fTPM are two different things. Boot into windows, right click the start menu, click run, type "tpm.msc" and give a screenshot of what it shows for the TPM status.

Hamstray
Rising Star I
I know they're two different things by this point. I won't bother giving a tpm.msc screenshot because the people at ASUS know (or should know) that this model has fTPM, so they know my laptop has it.

Hamstray
Rising Star I
GEEK_ASUS

Hi there,

We already forward this request to related department for the future improvement.

Thank you.

View post
So it's been over 2 weeks now, any news?
I need to be able to disable ftpm. Even if by some chance my stutters aren't caused by the ftpm, I can't find out unless I can disable it and see if I still get stutters. I need that BIOS update.

Hamstray
Rising Star I
Hello? Anything?

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
After further discussion, for now we don't update BIOS to add disable fTPM function.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
But this is recorded and to see have the resource to update BIOS in the future.
We appreciate you share your valuable opinion to us.
Thank you.