cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Admin

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

This update inherits the major functional changes introduced in the official version of Android 12, as well as continuing the popular ASUS battery- and performance-management features. For Zenfone models, it also includes ZenUI-specific changes that allow easier navigation, streamlined control panels, increased visibility for better control and more customization options. 

ASUS has already recruited Zenfone 8 users for the Android 12 beta testing program. The beta program will help identify and fix bugs based on real user experiences before the final software is rolled out in December. 

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

rog-phone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan-1080x1080.jpg

261 REPLIES 261

Fedexp
Star III
Vanja1986

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207773#Comment_207773

Ok. Ill try 90 fix and see if there will be any diference in battery comsumption.

View post
after 6 days with A12 i can say that battery life has been improveed (definitely). I am only normal user, i am not playing games and i am not all the time on me mobile phone. Before A12 from morning till evening battery showed only 20-30% left. After upgrade on A12 has left evening still 50-55%. Of course, when i am start taking photos or videos then battery percentages getting down too fast.

JCfreak1087
Star I
I just got my zenfone yesterday and it shipped with android 11am the system updates don't provide Android 12 update. Also the security patch my phone shipped with is from December.

kastis84
Star III
JCfreak1087

I just got my zenfone yesterday and it shipped with android 11am the system updates don't provide Android 12 update. Also the security patch my phone shipped with is from December.

View post
try downloading it manually from the site below. download it to the main directory of the inner phone's memory.
https://www.asus.com/Mobile/Phones/ZenFone/Zenfone-8/HelpDesk_BIOS/

tanrafael410
Star II
Asus should bring back the adaptive brightness option in the brightness slider because it was a struggle going to settings just to turn on and off the adaptive brightness.

kastis84
Star III
So... I've just noticed, that Asus released new firmware version for Zenfone 8, ver. WW-31.1010.0410.43 with a security patch updated to 05.02.2022 ( freakin' pathetic! xD ).
But what's even worse, they decided to allow upgrading only from version numbers: WW-30.12.112.72 and WW-& 30.12.112.82 - what the hell?????!? What about all of us, who already received and instaled WW-31.1004.0404.107 upgrade ?!?!?!?!

obraz.png