Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

Comments

• I just got my zenfone yesterday and it shipped with android 11am the system updates don't provide Android 12 update. Also the security patch my phone shipped with is from December.

• kastis84kastis84 Level 1

try downloading it manually from the site below. download it to the main directory of the inner phone's memory.

https://www.asus.com/Mobile/Phones/ZenFone/Zenfone-8/HelpDesk_BIOS/

• Asus should bring back the adaptive brightness option in the brightness slider because it was a struggle going to settings just to turn on and off the adaptive brightness.

So... I've just noticed, that Asus released new firmware version for Zenfone 8, ver. WW-31.1010.0410.43 with a security patch updated to 05.02.2022 ( freakin' pathetic! xD ).

But what's even worse, they decided to allow upgrading only from version numbers: WW-30.12.112.72 and WW-& 30.12.112.82 - what the hell?????!? What about all of us, who already received and instaled WW-31.1004.0404.107 upgrade ?!?!?!?!

• dron39dron39 Level 2

I think they forgot to change it in description. Have just updated from .107 to .43.

It seems like there is no problems at all.

• steve02steve02 Level 1

any first impressions on the update? battery life? proximity sensor during calls?

• dron39dron39 Level 2

I have never had any problems with proximity sensor on this phone. Battery life always was crap :P

First impression is that some colors in Google keyboard has changed (can't confirm, but I guess so) and that fingerprint sensor work as fast as hell now. But I also experience this few days after each update. Later it goes it's usual way. :)

That indeed may be true, 'cause I received OTA update just this mogrning, and like I said earlier - I had the 107 version installed before.

It seems to work fine, but I guess it's a bit early to say this with confidence, since just a few hours passed since updating.

Nevertheless, ASUS makes me realy angry with not giving us the newest security update from Google but the one almost TWO MONTHS old !!! 🤬

• uki876uki876 Level 1

Есть такое что при поднесении руки /лица экран тухнет?как это отключить? Жутко не удобно.

• Vanja1986Vanja1986 Level 2

You recived new update ota?security patch for which month?

• GeraGera Level 1

I don't care getting updates even 2 months old as long it stays like this for some more years. So far no update for me OTA still with .107

• apetre623apetre623 Level 1
    edited April 3

I received the update through Vodafone Romania, on 15.03.2022. I'm happy with the simple interface, I have no bugs, the battery is the same and I like the best way it manages RAM, before I was busy between: 4.9-6GB of 8GB RAM, now 3.3-4.2. Thanks Asus, I received the update through Vodafone Romania, on 15.03.2022. I'm happy with the simple interface, I have no bugs, the battery is the same and I like the best way it manages RAM, before I was busy between: 4.9-6GB of 8GB RAM, now 3.3-4.2. Thanks Asus!

like I said earlier - 05.02.2022 🤦‍♂️

• the Gthe G Level 1

and its pants, do not upgrade yet, it slows everything down

• Will it be available for Rog Phone 2?

• adrkliadrkli Level 1

Anyone can confirm that problem with searching bar widgets was solved on latest Android 12? Can we change the size vertically?

• seaplaceseaplace Level 1

THIS CRAP installed itself overnight!!!

I woke up to find my quick settings some sort of colored, bloated tiles that fit 8 instead of 16 icons, and havent been so angry since win8 failed Tile experiment.

WTF ASUS you release a shit android 12 with nauseating PURPLE fucking TILES that take up FAR FAR to much space and somehow also has WORSE functionality.

Im absolutely furious, and the only way to get rid of this misserable crap is to roll back to Android 11, and have to reinstall everything again.

Im never buying a asus phone again.

• PhaGWiZPhaGWiZ Level 2
    edited April 23

What did you expect exactly? This is what almost Android 12 looks like, and ZenUI does little modifications to the UI. Blame Google for the UI choices, Asus did not do these changes

This discussion has been closed.