Not applicable
System: 11/10
Battery or AC: battery only
Model: ux482eg
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: tried
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:how to turn it off, its driving me insane, the lower screen changes brightness based on the content being displayed, is there any way to turn this off, intel command center doesnt work
4 REPLIES 4

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Hi,
The lower screen brightness is controlled through the screenpad+ touch buttons, not the keyboard ones.
Haven't noticed if it adaptes itself to the contents being dissplayed, but it never disturbed me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
lower screen brightness is controlled by screenpad plus side panel yes, but the sharpness and contrast are unusable when on battery because of the dimming/adaptive contrast
is it because the lower screen is defective? should i initiate a return?

Falcon_ASUS
aau aau

lower screen brightness is controlled by screenpad plus side panel yes, but the sharpness and contrast are unusable when on battery because of the dimming/adaptive contrast

is it because the lower screen is defective? should i initiate a return?

View post
@aau aau
Since we are unable to confirm the current condition of your laptop.
If you are concerned about the brightness of the screenpad, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Well actually I did not know that the lower screen could do that! I have only noticed the primary display performing power saving techniques.
It does sound like a defective screen. But if you do find a setting that disables/enables power saving on the secondary screen please let me know because I'd like to try it out!