This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System update .231 (Android 11)

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
A new system update has arrived for Android 11 (.231) on rog 5 global rom. The description says: optimised system update. I think it should fix the performance issues that everyone is complaining. Has anyone updated yet? If so, give a heads up of the situation. Any noticeable improvement?

I can't because I'm on a12
16484891079984407456400912376779.jpg

44 REPLIES 44

waxy78611
Zen Master I
soulreaper0666

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208895#Comment_208895

Seems like they messed up the speakers once again cause volume at above 90 seems like to have sound modulation issue as if voice is going up and down. First i thought its in just one music video. But im also in doubt whether its in my head or is it really happening in the phone. I will try the same video on my brother's ROG 5 phone.

They bumped up the cpu performance a bit, i tried genshin, pubg and few more games its bit smoother than .229 update. Did cpu throttle app with x mode it was constantly doing 2.84ghz but in game it sure goes to 2.42ghz few seconds in between the gameplay of genshin. And without xmode on, there are few fps dip every now and then. Testing battery life after full charge, will update about it.

View post
Thanks for the reply 😃 I'm on .226 , it's the best update so far imo. Let us know about the speakers once you're certain &, about battery life when you can 🙏

FunBike31
Community Legend I
sumit_kohli

@FunBike31 did u update to .231 and checked the performace??

View post
I installed the update but not yet reinstalled some heavy games to warm it up, for now, just a few observations.
The firmware remains on the root internal storage after the update, it's been a very long time "since Android 4.4" since I did a non-OTA update so I'm not sure but I find it abnormal, it's 3.5 GB anyway.
The audio is corrected (the 226 had introduced a weird operation with the jack)
Armory Create L1, L2, L3, ardcore, X+ modes work again as they should.
It's too early, it was 5am when I installed .231! to evaluate the consumption but I have nothing abnormal for the moment.
I advise you to make the update because it is sure that there has been a correction on the performances, you still have to test with heavy games to see what is the temperature limit before the FPS drops

sumit_kohli
Star III
I am on a very old firmware .47.. i will update once ull confirm me about the performance

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
sumit_kohli

I am on a very old firmware .47.. i will update once ull confirm me about the performance

View post
Wait till your phone dies, using a prehistoric firmware is a terrible mistake

sumit_kohli
Star III
No i have downgraded my phone just to get the best performance …on the newer version it was not looking like that i am using snapdragon 888 processor phone so i downgraded