This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and Hotspot Suddenly not Working. Seriously ASUS?

Speed_Rebirth
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: .226
Rooted or not: Non Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE IS TO TRUST ASUS. I'LL RECOMMEND EVERYONE NOT TO BUY ANY ASUS DEVICE IN FUTURE.
Today i observed that my wifi and Hotspot is not working suddenly.
There are plenty of users who already faced this issue. Now moderators will say please contact to service centre and get your motherboard replaced. How many days they'll ruin it is not countable.
Then what?
What is the guarantee that this will not repeat in future? Already reviewed some profiles saying after motherboard replacement they're facing the same issue again.
Didn't expect with ASUS that foolish thing.
Thank You Asus for this Lovely Device.
**ASUS IS A BIG FAILURE**
25 REPLIES 25

Stevan_Theodore
Star II
chi8104

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207473#Comment_207473

What if this wifi and Hotspot issue still arises after replacing the motherboard post warranty?

Wouldn't you charge anything for another replacement?

It's failure of Asus not ours. So before buying we thought wow it's a flagship killer. I'll use this device for 3 4 years without thinking about other device. But now the scenario is changed.

Why would we suffer because of Asus Failure? We paid to Asus for its flagship device.

So what will Asus do after warranty expires and still we face this issue?

@ARP_ASUS

View post
yes its should be the flagship from ASUS
in my region the compensate is upgrading to 12/256 or extend +12mo warranty
so hope all good for your device

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
chi8104

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 5
  2. Firmware Version: .226
  3. Rooted or not: Non Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE IS TO TRUST ASUS. I'LL RECOMMEND EVERYONE NOT TO BUY ANY ASUS DEVICE IN FUTURE.

Today i observed that my wifi and Hotspot is not working suddenly.

There are plenty of users who already faced this issue. Now moderators will say please contact to service centre and get your motherboard replaced. How many days they'll ruin it is not countable.

Then what?

What is the guarantee that this will not repeat in future? Already reviewed some profiles saying after motherboard replacement they're facing the same issue again.

Didn't expect with ASUS that foolish thing.

Thank You Asus for this Lovely Device.

**ASUS IS A BIG FAILURE**

Wifi and Hotspot Suddenly not Working. Seriously ASUS?
If they replace it with a new revision it shouldnt happen again. There are some service centers that use old logicboards to "repair" the phone, which obviously means it would happen again.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/58931/wifi-and-hotspot-suddenly-not-working-seriously-asus

If they replace it with a new revision it shouldnt happen again. There are some service centers that use old logicboards to "repair" the phone, which obviously means it would happen again.

View post
But how do we know its old or new? Asus isnt at all making a statement. What if the SC dupe us with the old motherboard and moreover where have they mentioned that changing fixes the problem forever!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ReaperZ_Wolf

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208244#Comment_208244

But how do we know its old or new? Asus isnt at all making a statement. What if the SC dupe us with the old motherboard and moreover where have they mentioned that changing fixes the problem forever!

View post
sadly to my knwopeldge the only way to figure out what logicboard revision you have is by taking your phone apart and look for yoruself.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208693#Comment_208693

sadly to my knwopeldge the only way to figure out what logicboard revision you have is by taking your phone apart and look for yoruself.

View post
Haha. Wish i could do that