Ogghy
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
received-2010189225809828.jpeg
Is there any chance to update the vulkan to the latest(v600 above) for the next update. I thought the vulkan will be updated every new android update. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Ogghy

Still using the old 1.1.128

received-1067014500512388.jpeg

So no performance improvement for android 12. Kinda lame tho

View post
Edit: The pixel 6 pro uses 1.2.201 not 1.1.201

In which games do you expect a performance improvement thanks to the update from Vulkan 1.1 to 1.2?

If the 'Android' games are not recoded to use the new APIs, updating the drivers will not bring any additional performance.
You can give examples of games that use the new Vulkan 1.2 APIs
PUGM mobile for example allows the choice between OpenGL and Vulkan but to my knowledge it's always 1.1 for Vulkan, so 0% profit.

The current interest of an OpenGL ES 3.2 update might be in terms of security and stability, but it is independent of the Vulkan version.

On the other hand, what is unfortunate is that ASUS promotes the Stadia platform which is one of the few that supports Vulkan 1.2 APIs (for games? that support 1.2), if there is well a builder who should have done it is them.

Ogghy
Rising Star II
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208622#Comment_208622

Edit: The pixel 6 pro uses 1.2.201 not 1.1.201

In which games do you expect a performance improvement thanks to the update from Vulkan 1.1 to 1.2?

If the 'Android' games are not recoded to use the new APIs, updating the drivers will not bring any additional performance.

You can give examples of games that use the new Vulkan 1.2 APIs

PUGM mobile for example allows the choice between OpenGL and Vulkan but to my knowledge it's always 1.1 for Vulkan, so 0% profit.

The current interest of an OpenGL ES 3.2 update might be in terms of security and stability, but it is independent of the Vulkan version.

On the other hand, what is unfortunate is that ASUS promotes the Stadia platform which is one of the few that supports Vulkan 1.2 APIs (for games? that support 1.2), if there is well a builder who should have done it is them.

View post
Mostly emulator, especially the new PS2 emulator called AetherSX2. I already tried my xiaomi devices that i upgrade it into A12 and it has at least 20% improvement for emulation like dolphin, aether, ppsspp. And for me, it's a big deal. I can feel the improvement when i upgrade my old rog3 from A10 to A11 (From v460 to v513). I haven't really focused on native android games because i just use my phone for emulation.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Ogghy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208632#Comment_208632

Mostly emulation that gets all the advantages with newer driver. I noticed at least 15% improvement on my old ROG 3 after i upgraded it from A10 to A11 because the dev updated the driver from v460 to v512. And so far a lot of people from Aethersx2 (PS2 Emulator) said the same when they upgraded their driver to v614 at least for emulation.

Not really interested with native android game tho but everything about emulation is kinda a big deal for some people especially me.

View post
Ok, I understand, the developers of these programs follow and use the latest Vulkan updates, on the other hand, take offense, in this case you have to use another brand of phone, the XDA community is more numerous / active , in addition to being actually updated by the manufacturer with what is not visible but is necessary for the players (which Asus does not care about, it's been 13 months since I saw your 1st OpenGl / Vulkan request, and before for other phones that remained unanswered)