This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games getting stuck at half frame rate unless I open Game Genie settings , etc.

Volodesi
Rising Star II
Just using SAO:IF as an example.

If I switch out of games and go back in. The frame rate seems to run at half of what it was until I open the Game Genie Settings menu or trigger some other on-screen thing. Even starting a recording fixed the frame rate issue.

Here is one way I fixed it. I would record it. But starting the recording fixes the frame rate issue.

Frame rate is at the top.
T7S0LEV9YI1E.png
R5MH3LUAHUFW.png
FN9OGWXCNBRU.png

5 REPLIES 5

Volodesi
Rising Star II
I seem to have figured out the cause. It does this when you change the Refresh Rate to anything but "As System" in the Scenario Profile.

I still feel as though this may be a bug. It's happening to all my games if the phone changes the refresh rate as the game opens. This doesn't happen if I leave "As system" checked.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I can replicate your issue with SAO:IF. I even managed to reach 60Hz by setting the screen to 60hz outside armoury crate and set a 120hz framerate to the game inside armorury 🙂
I could kind of replicate it in another game where it's possible to set the framerate in the game. The results were different from SAO:IF so my best guess is that developers use different methods for limiting the FPS.
In all other games I tried, the Armoury Crate settings worked flawlessly. We will look into this and see if it's possible to improve the frame rate settings in these two games but you mentioned games as in plural. Which other games have you seen this behavior in?
The longer list I can provide our developers, the easier it will be to find the root cause
Thanks!

Volodesi
Rising Star II
I get this issue in Azur Lane as well. Azur Lane has a 60 FPS option in-game. It gets stuck at 30.

Volodesi
Rising Star II
This issue is still happening 2-3 updates later.

I can reproduce it on quite a few games.

Just using Kemono Friends 3 (Japanese game) as an example. The game runs normally at 30 FPS. Other games that run at 60 FPS capped have the same behavior.

Here is screenshots with the games current FPS vs. Settings.
The System setting is set to 120 Hz.

6UODBRJCV5V2.png
I89J5BW7PRVW.png
63CPB8N5YS2O.png
Q926XGHEPE7L.png
HLWMXLQCZR2L.png
BX5CVOSJNPHH.png