This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When my AC Adapter is plugged in, there are grey lines and a green flicker, how do I fix this?

thecoolgeek
Star I
System: ASUS Vivobook S512FLC
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: Vivobook S512FLC
Frequency of occurrence: Random
Screenshot or video: Attached
========================
Detailed description:When the AC Adapter is plugged in on Windows 11, I normally will see grey lines and a green flicker randomly flash on my screen. I updated the BIOS on my computer to the version released in May 2021 and updated the graphics, camera, and chipset drivers. I also sent it in for repair to an ASUS repair center and they replaced the applicable parts. However, when I have manycam virtual webcam running in the background and select it as an option (instead of the normal webcam) when joining a video chat, then there is no issue. When I use manycam by itself, the problem still exists. This issue is not present on Ubuntu (a distribution of Linux). I have contacted Microsoft numerous times and they have not provided a working solution. How do I fix this issue?
screenshot-2022-03-22-123641.png

9 REPLIES 9

Falcon_ASUS
thecoolgeek

@Falcon_ASUS

In the past, I have restored my computer numerous times and the problem still exists. The issue is on the default camera application as well and existed before I installed manycam.

View post
@thecoolgeek
Could you please provide a video of your operation process for reference?
In addition, what are the system version, BIOS version, and manycam virtual webcam version you are currently using?
Thank you.

thecoolgeek
Star I
@Falcon_ASUS
I will provide a video later as the glitch is spontaneous and is sometimes hard to get video of (however, a photo is available in the first post).
System version: ASUS Vivobook S512FLC
BIOS version: 304
manycam version: manycam free (I could not find the version number.)

This issue also does not occur when I connect an external webcam to my computer and use that external webcam.

Thanks 😃
thecoolgeek

thecoolgeek
Star I
@Falcon_ASUS I am following up with the ETA on this forum.

Falcon_ASUS
thecoolgeek

@Falcon_ASUS I am following up with the ETA on this forum.

View post
@thecoolgeek
Could you please provide me with a video of the phenomenon in question?
Thank you.

thecoolgeek
Star I
Got it. Please give me a few days. I have been very busy with my current schedule.