Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 - random restarts after OTA update to Android 12

InteRadek
Rising Star I
1. Model name: Zenfone 8
2. Firmware version: SKQ1.210821.001.31.1004.0404.107 release-keys
3. Rooted or not: not
4. Frequency of occurrence: every few days

I have been very happy with my Asus Zenfone 8 for several months. Everything changed after it automatically updated (OTA) to Android 12. It started restarting on its own every few days and I didn't found any pattern as to why it is happening. I'm not doing anything particular on my phone when it restarts. Sometimes I'm not even using it actively and when I take it in my hand, I see a request to enter my PIN, because it restarts when idle.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

InteRadek
Rising Star I
The SKQ1.210821.001.31.1010.0410.43 build seems to have fixed the problem as the phone has stopped restarting itself since the OTA update to this version. Luckily, I didn't have to factory reset my phone.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Try to reset your phone

richard_hw_pang
Star III
I encounter the same issue especially when I am talking over phone it studdeuddenly restart. So annoying

InteRadek
Rising Star I
Thanks @Lord_Messi, I will do a factory reset when I have some spare time and see if that fixes the problem.

izani
Rising Star I
Happened to my phone too. Annoying and waste of time to wait for the restarts to complete. No time to reset the phone. Too many things need to be set up again. Hassle.