Battery or AC: AC
Model: ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) & Mini
Frequency of occurrence: Every few m inutes
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
Firmware : Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_45898
========================
Detailed description:
Since 'upgrading' my firmware my wifi network drops connection to the internet for clients every few minutes. This doesn't happen for wired Lan connections, the wan connection is definitely up, and it is solved by disconnecting from the wifi and reconnection.
Anyone any advice on how to fix this problem? Downgrade the firmware to a better version maybe?
43 REPLIES 43

dauhee
Star I
Something is seriously wrong with this device. My devices randomly disconnect and wont reconnect without doing:
optimise device connection
reboot device
reboot router
The problem is, the fix is never consistent, and when I reboot, it sometimes knocks other devices off. I logged a ticket which the result was I was told to ask for a refund.
Absolutely awful product. I have literally turned every feature off apart from DHCP +reboot every day which has greatly reduced the frequency of my issues but still they happen
I have a 7 year old router and extender that never had this issue and actually had more range than 2 node mesh. The only reason I went to changes was for more security and wifi6
This is literally the worst wifi router ever

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
If you have issues with your router, please contact local call center to have further assistance.
ASUS - Contact UsThank you.

wtoh
Star I
i’m on 46061, and i have the same issue as above. play game half way or video will lose connection. just wish to check anybody found any fix other than downgrade firmware?
asus no representative here? it’s your top product people using. reputation not important?

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
Here we mainly discuss laptop related issues.
We have experienced technical support agents focusing on the router issues.
Please reach local contact center to have further support.
ASUS - Contact UsThank you

Yston
Star I
I've been thinking of getting an AX XT8 for home as I'm sick of my current dodgy wifi and weak range extender that I run downstairs but keep coming across people talking about constant dropouts over wifi. Just to confirm with you guys if I do get one I should run it on firmware ver 42095, but this also doesn't work if it's a production model from 2022? Or should I just avoid it and go for a different brand mesh wifi solution?