This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car bluetooth disconneting

Sniper_Fox
Star II
I'm able to use my North America (12GB / 512GB) RoG II with multiple bluetooth headphones, but when I connect to cars (I've tried a Jetta and a Pathfinder) I often repeately get "com.android.bluetooth keeps stopping" and can't maintain a connection.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the bluetooth radio since it works fine with headphones, rather this problem is likely software-related.
Anyone else getting this?
24 REPLIES 24

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Thank you. I'll send this along.
That second bit sounds like some kind of permissions clash. Could be very relevant to dropping connection.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
@Sniper Fox can you please try and reset your bluetooth by going to settings -> apps & notifications -> see all xxx apps -> tap the three dots menu in top right corner and then show system -> scroll down to bluetooth and tap it -> storage & memory -> clear storage
Might work, maybe not

Volodesi
Rising Star II
I am getting this same issue. Clearing the Storage/Cache for the Bluetooth service doesn't fix my issue.

I use Android Auto as well.. and it isn't functional now because of this issue. I tried removing the devices on my cars system and did a System Reset.

My car is a 2017 Ford Escape Titanium if that helps at all.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Volodesi

I am getting this same issue. Clearing the Storage/Cache for the Bluetooth service doesn't fix my issue.

I use Android Auto as well.. and it isn't functional now because of this issue. I tried removing the devices on my cars system and did a System Reset.

My car is a 2017 Ford Escape Titanium if that helps at all.

View post
Thank you for the input Volodesi, I'll update the devs. Were you using a wired connection with Android Auto, or over Bluetooth? Or did you lose access to Android Auto after pairing with your car using Bluetooth?

Volodesi
Rising Star II
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/20880#Comment_20880

Thank you for the input Volodesi, I'll update the devs. Were you using a wired connection with Android Auto, or over Bluetooth? Or did you lose access to Android Auto after pairing with your car using Bluetooth?

View post
It appears to use both. It seems to use Bluetooth for the audio and the USB to Display Android Auto on my cars dashboard.