This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Update Wi-Fi/Hot-spot problems

Ravain
Star II
So I had Android 12 Update for my Zenphone 8 yesterday, everything was working fine until we had power shortage and I've turned on hotspot for my tablet, later I couldn't turn it off or access internet options, settings app was freezing or not showing up at all. Now I have to reset my phone to get wifi connection back, hotspot is turned off, works for maybe 20 minutes and same errors happen, settings freeze, phone takes few minutes to get LTE connection back instead of now not working Wi-Fi. The thing is I had my mobo replaced already in the service when phone got bricked before, I'm not fond of sending it to service again and I want fully functioning, stable Android 12, revert would be sad. Any ideas?
screenshot-20220317-231746743.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Orangechameleon
Star II
I have the same problem. Since updating to Android 12 I've had worse battery and my settings always crash, specially when I try to open the wifi settings. I don't think my phone is connected to my home WiFi

Kris_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager
@Orangechameleon @Ravain
I just sent PM to you. Please check your PM for the short-term solution. Thank you.

Ravain
Star II
For now it seems that your solution worked, thanks a lot.

Orangechameleon
Star II
Kris_ASUS

@Orangechameleon @Ravain

I just sent PM to you. Please check your PM for the short-term solution. Thank you.

View post
Solution didn't work for me. I'll try a factory reset once I figure out how to store my pictures to retrieve them after the reset