This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X712EA WER report with AsusTru2Life.dll causing access violation

TD47
Star II
My Asus X712EA gets frequent 0xc0000005 being reported in the Windows Error Reports. Usually whenever my laptop reboots. The OS is Windows 10 21H2 OS Build 19044.1586. I have the latest Asus software, and BIOS X712EA.306.
The AsusTru2Life.dll ( version 4.0.7.4) is called by AsusSplendid.exe (version 2.1.24.0), that uses AsusSplendid.dll version 8.11.0.1.0.
I suspect that the AsusTru2Life.dll ( version 4.0.7.4) is buggy.
6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS
TD47

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207325#Comment_207325

@Falcon_ASUS thanks for passing this information forward. Please consider in future, that when asking posters to "remove the software and retest", you need to properly read, review, and understand what is being reported, In this case, the actual faulting module is the AsusTru2Life.dll that is actually all bundled in within the MyAsus software app, as delivered by Asus on new laptops. You CANNOT uninstall individual "parts" of it, In any event, deleting any individual single elements/modules of an app, can have bad consequences, and give rise to unexpected errors VERY different to the original issue. in fact, removing a .DLL file will often mean the main APP will not start properly.

View post
@TD47
We expect to release a new version of MyASUS and ASUS System Control Interface app in April to fix this situation. Thank you for your patience.

Falcon_ASUS
TD47

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207325#Comment_207325

@Falcon_ASUS thanks for passing this information forward. Please consider in future, that when asking posters to "remove the software and retest", you need to properly read, review, and understand what is being reported, In this case, the actual faulting module is the AsusTru2Life.dll that is actually all bundled in within the MyAsus software app, as delivered by Asus on new laptops. You CANNOT uninstall individual "parts" of it, In any event, deleting any individual single elements/modules of an app, can have bad consequences, and give rise to unexpected errors VERY different to the original issue. in fact, removing a .DLL file will often mean the main APP will not start properly.

View post
@TD47
The new version of MyASUS and ASUS System Control Interface app have been released, please take the time to update, thank you.