This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not working

mizflores60
Star I
My text messaging suddenly stopped being able to receive texts from others, yet I can send mine!! Help!
10 REPLIES 10

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Did "all that" include a reset of your device?

fatbox
Star II
Anders_ASUS

Did "all that" include a reset of your device?

View post
Yup, not sure why it didn't quote your whole post. I've even tried using different APN settings, not sure if that even really changes anything but I'm pretty desperate at this point. Have also tried different SIM cards from Straight Talk. Here's hoping T-Mobile will be my savior.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
APN settings have been helpful with other users, at least in Europe. They also helped me in Japan, though not with this specific device.
Good luck with T-Mobile! For what it's worth, I'm on AT&T and have had no issues, but another AT&T user in Chicago has had issues getting LTE coverage. It seems to also be dependent on location and carrier reception.
*Edited for poor grammar

fatbox
Star II
Fwiw I was using the AT&T SIM from Straight Talk which uses their towers but I understand that Straight Talk has different bands. I did purchase an AT&T byop kit and tested the signal with that SIM and it seemed just as bad from what I could tell so didn't end up making a full switch. According to willmyphonework.net and having the version C phone in the US it seems T-Mobile is my second best option next to AT&T.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Understood. Please update this thread if there is anything we can do to help troubleshoot potential connection issues with T-Mobile's network.

I'm not sure if this is an option in store, but I wonder if the sales staff would let you use a test SIM in store before you committed to a contract. At least you would know their SIMs work in your area.