waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Having updated to Android 12 possibly the worst mistake I made for this phone. But why do Asus continue to release softwares that are absolute trash? My phone feels like a piece of SHI*!!
Issues encountered so far:
1. Battery life: Definitely DECREASED. Used to get 1.5 Hours SOT from 100% to 99%, now getting barely 40 minutes on Android 12. 100% to 90% gave me 3 Hours SOT all the time, now, 1 hour 45 mins with light usage!! Battery has degraded significantly!!
2. Phone Temperature: Increased slightly. Not a good sign of course as phone is warm on Android 11 anyway. Now, even in idle, it sits 5 degrees Celsius higher than it did on Android 11
3. Speaker quality: The same as android 11, very good, no change needed. All good with speakers.
4. UI: New UI looks fresh & clean, but, gets laggy at times, especially when exiting an app & going to app drawer, shows random flicker on screen. Themes are inconsistent too as a weird green tint appears in sub menus.
5. Bluetooth headset volume has been decreased SIGNIFICANTLY. Bluetooth earphones no longer loud like they used to be. Max volume on Android 12 with Bluetooth earphones feels like 50% volume on Android 11
I will edit this post when I notice more issues/bugs.

Asus, you rushed this update, as you rush everything & it really shows. It's probably around 60% complete. Fix the damn battery drain & other issues I've mentioned above. This update should not have been released so early.
If anyone else has encountered issues, please mention them on here.
@Gustav_ASUS
@Titan_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS
17 REPLIES 17

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
Not sure what is the complaint. At least for me it's working way better: gameplay is way smoother even with Maxed settings and screen capture at 1080 p.

MANINDER_SINGH
Rising Star I
After A12 I got this much antutu score, very disappointed.

socialaldrin
Star III
Im glad i didn't update my rog 5 to A12.. so many annoying bugs and glitches.. 😅

Star I
I downloaded the a12 zip.. i was too excited.. but after seeing this thread i am soo confused whether to upgrade my rog to A12 or not..
What to do??
Should i wait or just install the a12 ??

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
ExodusCODM

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/WSZM90PI08WW/2022-03-17-19-28-22-1-1.mp4

Not sure what is the complaint. At least for me it's working way better: gameplay is way smoother even with Maxed settings and screen capture at 1080 p.

View post
Whats yours cpu performance in the video not shows? Swipe the left in game genie.