Kivaan
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG 5
Firmware Version: WW-31.0810.1226.57
Rooted or not: Not rooted.
Frequency of Occurrence: Continuous

Good day.
I have contacted Asus in various locations (North America, India, Korea, China).
My phone has several issues, including:
A) Not charging correctly,
B) USB port not being recognise when connected to a pc,
C) Restarting and staying off when trying to charge,
D) WIFI not working. At all.

I have factory reset the phone and the problems persist.
I have contacted these various locations and the support thereon and they have all directed me to contact China (Place of Origin) as the warranty is a local warranty for them only.
However, I do not live in China and to have the phone repaired it needs to be shipped there and taken into ASUS (BY HAND) which is not possible for me (told to me directly from China ASUS).
I am willing to repair and pay out of pocket regardless of the warranty, however I need someone who can receive the phone via package (posting).
Please help.

Kind regards
Kivaan

15 REPLIES 15

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
Kivaan

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG 5
  2. Firmware Version: WW-31.0810.1226.57
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted.
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Continuous

Good day.

I have contacted Asus in various locations (North America, India, Korea, China).

My phone has several issues, including:

A) Not charging correctly,

B) USB port not being recognise when connected to a pc,

C) Restarting and staying off when trying to charge,

D) WIFI not working. At all.

I have factory reset the phone and the problems persist.

I have contacted these various locations and the support thereon and they have all directed me to contact China (Place of Origin) as the warranty is a local warranty for them only.

However, I do not live in China and to have the phone repaired it needs to be shipped there and taken into ASUS (BY HAND) which is not possible for me (told to me directly from China ASUS).

I am willing to repair and pay out of pocket regardless of the warranty, however I need someone who can receive the phone via package (posting).

Please help.

Kind regards

Kivaan

Need my ROG 5 repaired.
Welcome to the team 😀 time to send your phone to service centre... The rightful place for rog (we all did)

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ExodusCODM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/59010/need-my-rog-5-repaired

Welcome to the team 😀 time to send your phone to service centre... The rightful place for rog (we all did)

View post
He can't send it to an official service center, none will accept it and it's not specific to ASUS, all manufacturers have the same policy.
Presumably it is a CN device converted to WW
It is up to the Chinese reseller to ensure the follow-up of what he has sold by taking maximum profit, it is not up to the manufacturer to ensure what is an anti-commercial practice of certain resellers.
To stem these practices, all manufacturers have the same policy, even by paying you do not touch the device.
If the seller does not assume these responsibilities, all that remains is to find an unofficial repairer

Karen_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi Kivaan ,
Sorry for the inconvenience that this issue cause you. We have sent a direct message to you. Could you replay us your product serial number through direct message? Thank you.

Kivaan
Star II
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207561#Comment_207561

He can't send it to an official service center, none will accept it and it's not specific to ASUS, all manufacturers have the same policy.

Presumably it is a CN device converted to WW

It is up to the Chinese reseller to ensure the follow-up of what he has sold by taking maximum profit, it is not up to the manufacturer to ensure what is an anti-commercial practice of certain resellers.

To stem these practices, all manufacturers have the same policy, even by paying you do not touch the device.

If the seller does not assume these responsibilities, all that remains is to find an unofficial repairer

View post
Can you direct me to any of these "unofficial" repair centres?