Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog 5
Firmware Version: WW-31.0810.1226.57
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
screenshot-20220317-121538803-1.jpg
I hope the picture speaks for itself. Updated to Android 12 and I'm a little disappointed with the aesthetics. Why is there a blank space above the header and why the header font is so big? I use the small display size and font size for a pleasant visual experience. Not sure , why these changes were made: Android 11 visuals were perfect for me.

Another bug, the RGB issue while gaming is still not solved. Game audio is still detected as music and the RGB lighting responds similarly to that.

Things that I like so far: game performance and audio is improved.
========================================

20 REPLIES 20

DisappointedAsu
Star II
Let's not forget the fact that the animations are freaking ugly and slow af, just opening Whatsapp is no longer as fast as before, and it's heavy af. The animations are no longer snappy af. Bring me back my Android 11. It's practically perfect with no drawbacks at all. This android 12 is useless with no new advantageous features at all. Only negatives and cons lmfao

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
akmal2215

Let's not forget the fact that the animations are freaking ugly and slow af, just opening Whatsapp is no longer as fast as before, and it's heavy af. The animations are no longer snappy af. Bring me back my Android 11. It's practically perfect with no drawbacks at all. This android 12 is useless with no new advantageous features at all. Only negatives and cons lmfao

View post
That is too much "af" in one single af paragraph

DisappointedAsu
Star II
ExodusCODM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207642#Comment_207642

That is too much "af" in one single af paragraph

View post
i guess, sorry, I can only think of "AF" as the most exaggerated yet true expressions of words in my grammar dictionary at the time.

DisappointedAsu
Star II
Additionally, let's not forget about the fact that during I am entering my pin number to unlock my phone, the screen is no longer transparent, and the same goes for when I open my multi-tasking feature, everything, including my animated moving anime wallpaper is no longer seen, even though it's so drop-dead gorgeous and cool. When I open my settings, the icon is so big, and ugly, with black and white theme and color only. Before this, for example, the wi-fi icon is so cool with the blue color, and the mobile data with the green color. This is so stupid. Not to mention, the performance drop once again. I'm experiencing barely 40 fps with a lot of frame drops and spikes at medium graphics of Genshin Impact?? Even after restarting my phone, nothing changes.

Fix this fcking annoying Android 12 software update Asus. At the very least, for the next software update patch, you guys should just stick to the Android 11 theme, simplistic yet beautiful with minimal but very decent finishing touches of details. No need to force your idiot Android update on me every single night, minute, and hour. Even after disabling auto-install update and selecting manually install update, it keeps bugging me at the notification bar. Dammit, if the update is useful it's one thing but this is so trash.

Sibi
Rising Star II
But there is no other option...and this is how Android is gonna be in coming yrs....unless we have a skin like oneui/colors/realmeui/miui and want stock Android lite experience this is how it's gonna look....it looks like this a12 is designed for elderly people with vision problem..but it is what it is!