cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Admin

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

This update inherits the major functional changes introduced in the official version of Android 12, as well as continuing the popular ASUS battery- and performance-management features. For Zenfone models, it also includes ZenUI-specific changes that allow easier navigation, streamlined control panels, increased visibility for better control and more customization options. 

ASUS has already recruited Zenfone 8 users for the Android 12 beta testing program. The beta program will help identify and fix bugs based on real user experiences before the final software is rolled out in December. 

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

rog-phone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan-1080x1080.jpg

261 REPLIES 261

prasendecade
Star I
Fedexp

Czech Rep (O2) recieved today also. But i am little bit scare about all isssues A12 what i read in this forum... but i will risky😂

View post
Same here man, now different device has different issue. I'm afraid it's too risky 😂

raimundas78
Rising Star I
Overheating issue is back with Android 12. CPU idling at 1800 MHz, when it used to idle at 300 MHz on Android 11
screenshot-20220317-112557993.jpg

Gera
Star III
One more thing, battery is really worse. When a went to sleep with 95% woke up with 60% after 6 hours. This was not happening with android 11 which dropped like 20% or so. Ram seems better using less with 12

ekokrpka
Star I
ekokrpka

Could somebody please confirm if the ASUS Phone app on Zenphone 8 after upgrade to WW_31.1004.0404.107 still records phone calls as with Android 11 WW_30.12.112.82 (this feature has always worked for me on the device)?

View post
So I did the upgrade too, so far it works for me. The MIC quality indeed seems worse but I cannot really measure that, maybe it is due to GSM network. CPU cores 0-3 drop down to 300 MHz (but vary between 1209 or 1612 MHz), 4-6 are constantly at 710 MHz, CPU7 is at 844 MHz. The GUI itself seems faster and I also agree that the notification area seems weird. Can I reorganize the entries to move the items to different pages? But it seems the overall security improvements in Android 12 are the way to go:
see "Privacy x Android: What’s new in Android 12?" on medium.com site.

raimundas78
Rising Star I
ekokrpka

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207419#Comment_207419

So I did the upgrade too, so far it works for me. The MIC quality indeed seems worse but I cannot really measure that, maybe it is due to GSM network. CPU cores 0-3 drop down to 300 MHz (but vary between 1209 or 1612 MHz), 4-6 are constantly at 710 MHz, CPU7 is at 844 MHz. The GUI itself seems faster and I also agree that the notification area seems weird. Can I reorganize the entries to move the items to different pages?

View post
You can rearrange it, by clicking pencil icon once notification bar is fully extended.

Any chance to remove overscroll stretch animation? It makes me dizzy and looks terrible. I know that this is Android 12 thing, but seems that Samsung has removed it. As of now, the only option is to disable animations altogether, but it ruins phone experience.