This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 5 is NOT TURNING ON. Not a big deal right? This phone and problem came altogether to everyone.

rStar
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: LATEST WW. 210
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: HALF AN HOUR AGO
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Its not even charging.
Earlier speaker became dead now the whole device. ₹50k phone is showing its true color?
I chose this as non-Chinese brand phone and now i regret my decision.
Plot: While recording a game in BGMI screen became unresponsive and when i tried to turn it off and on by pressing power button phone turned off completely. Plugged in to check that charging led is Working or not. NO Its NOT.

So my question is to you mods,
If i submit my device in service center they'll first try to turn it on and check whether the speaker is working or not. If not, then another spare part order will be placed. So i reckon Its gonna take 1 month or more to fix this?

img-20220210-214304.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

dheeraj_g999
Star III
@rStar
Dude, if you are thinking replacing motherboard fixes the issues and no further problem then trust me, you are absolutely wrong.
My phone's motherboard replaced twice and now the performance is so downgraded. You can check out my previous post and many others posted the same.
I'm very scared that my phone warranty expires in next 2months and Asus is rolling out Android 12.!!

Saichie
Star I
Oh this post really reIieved me.. I thought its game over for my phone. My ROG Phone 5 went black out just now. I purchased it last July 2021 (thank God, its still under warranty). I was playing my game when the notif for battery low appeared, so I charged it like I usually do. I afk for 5-10mins to get my deliveries and when I returned to check on my game the phone was hot and was shut down. I tried reopening it but after the animation finished it shut off again. When I tried it again, no response anymore and no light indicator of charging. The charging indicator only lights up when I try to press the power on and volume up/down buttons (was trying to do system recovery). I will visit the Asus service center tomorrow and have it check just like what you did. From this post, I think I have the same issue with the update and the motherboard. Hopefully it wont take a long time to be fixed or have an additional fees that I'll have to pay. This is really depressing tho as all my accts are linked in this phone ><

ZT-5926e239
Star III
Not Just ROG 5, even ROG 3 and 2, and worst on our situation, most ROG3 and 2 users no longer has warranty, and guess what they are asking repair cost almost the same as the original phone's price.

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
ZT-5926e239

Not Just ROG 5, even ROG 3 and 2, and worst on our situation, most ROG3 and 2 users no longer has warranty, and guess what they are asking repair cost almost the same as the original phone's price.

View post
Thanks for honest feedback. Hopefully, none of us will dare to buy another Asus product again ; at least mobile phones.

ZT-5926e239
Star III
ExodusCODM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207554#Comment_207554

Thanks for honest feedback. Hopefully, none of us will dare to buy another Asus product again ; at least mobile phones.

View post
This motherboard issue for the past months after the last system updated is affecting everything. Same shorted motherboard problem, I suggest buying blackshark, I liked ASUS because of their experience in Zenfone and since ROG 1, they're on the business for long hoping they are more stable than the others, apparently its not that, I don't know if its intentional but Zenfone 8 and ROG 5 didn't sold well, just saying.