cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

Manvinder
Star II
It's end almost end of Q3 when is the Android 12 update coming.

Saichie
Star I
Hi, my ROG Phone 5 went black screen just now. I purchased it last July 2021 (thank God, its still under warranty). I was playing my game when the notif for battery low appeared, so I charged it like I usually do. I afk for 5-10mins to get my deliveries and when I returned to check on my game the phone was hot and was shut down. I tried reopening it but after the animation finished it shut off again. When I tried it again, no response anymore and no light indicator of charging. The charging indicator only lights when I try to press the power on and volume up/down buttons (was trying to do system recovery). I will visit the Asus service center tomorrow and have it check. But does anyone encountered this same issue before? What was the problem with the device? Was it fixed and how long did it took to be fixed?

Thanks!

Puchu
Star II
Saichie

Hi, my ROG Phone 5 went black screen just now. I purchased it last July 2021 (thank God, its still under warranty). I was playing my game when the notif for battery low appeared, so I charged it like I usually do. I afk for 5-10mins to get my deliveries and when I returned to check on my game the phone was hot and was shut down. I tried reopening it but after the animation finished it shut off again. When I tried it again, no response anymore and no light indicator of charging. The charging indicator only lights when I try to press the power on and volume up/down buttons (was trying to do system recovery). I will visit the Asus service center tomorrow and have it check. But does anyone encountered this same issue before? What was the problem with the device? Was it fixed and how long did it took to be fixed?

Thanks!

View post
Its motherboard issue Same problem they take 1 month

HASEO
Star I
Guys. I'm at .192 rog 5s. When I attach the aero, it said connected. But it won't turn on even I set it to turn when at screen on. So I tried to check hardware information, it said aero not connected. Is it because of the .192 update?

kEvLaR96
Star I
Please, make an option to display OFF for ROG Vision. I wanna have rog vision on with display off always and I wanna take pictures with it ON., This is very annoying. Please reply me and tell me how can I do this if it is possible now, but if not, please come with an update where I can have rog vision on always. Thanks