lse123
Star I

My Asus Laptop with HDD is too slow
I applied updates and somehow improved
Is it will improve more if
1. i disable OneDrive sync
2. Switch from HDD to SSD
?
What about Use AVG Anti-virus TuneUp, to correct OS and HDD and fix problems,...?
I use IT SUCCESS IN MY OTHER PCs 🖥...

###
Όνομα συσκευής LAPTOP-MGL39L6I
Επεξεργαστής Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Εγκατεστημένη RAM 8,00 GB (7,88 GB χρησιμοποιήσιμη)
Αναγνωριστικό συσκευής 19E18109-F1F4-******
Αναγνωριστικό προϊόντος 00325-80041-*******
Τύπος συστήματος Λειτουργικό σύστημα 64 bit, επεξεργαστής τεχνολογίας x64
Πένα και αφή Δεν είναι διαθέσιμη η εισαγωγή δεδομένων με πένα ή με αφή για αυτήν την οθόνη

12 REPLIES 12

lse123
Star I
I did that [change HDD with SSD]:
2-3 times about, to hp laptops, but as for some notebook/laptop this may be easy and some extremely technical and difficult, can you provide a video on YouTube for this job for the laptop: Όνομα συσκευής LAPTOP-MGL39L6I
???

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
lse123

I did that [change HDD with SSD]:

2-3 times about, to hp laptops, but as for some notebook/laptop this may be easy and some extremely technical and difficult, can you provide a video on YouTube for this job for the laptop: Όνομα συσκευής LAPTOP-MGL39L6I

???

View post
here is the youtube video link
Upgrade RAM and Install SSD On Laptop: ASUS X541UVK - YouTube

TD47
Star II
While you will find that going from HDD to SSD will make a HUGE difference in performance (and note that manufacturers like Seagate and Western Digital have their own free utilities to clone your HDD to the new SSD), you may find while waiting for your new disk, try removing the AVG anti-virus utility, and replace it with, say MalwareBytes (an excellent AV product). I have found that AVG creates LOTS of unnecessary bloat and unwanted services that can cripple performance. Use task manager to check this, you will be surprised to see high CPU and Disk utilization.
NOTE: I would advise against using AVG tune up utllities, or anything that touches the OS or the registry.