This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Android 12 Color Palette

Darren_W
Star II
I recently upgraded to android 12 on my Zenfone and all my my Google apps turned to a hue of green. After browsing the internet I figured out that this is due to android 12's color pallete feature, however for the life of me I cannot find the setting to change it. Can anyone help me find this?
screenshot-20220314-101050140.jpg
screenshot-20220314-101033972.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Darren_W
Star II
tyrodsouza96

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207103#Comment_207103

That feature doesn't exist on my ZF 8 yet. Are you implying that something similar is currently being developed? If so that sounds great!

View post
It's a standard feature of android 12 and was in the a12 beta for pixel and is on all other a12 phones. For some dumb reason it seems Asus seems to have removed "canvas you", but kept the default color for it, which happens to be sea foam green. How annoying...

Darren_W
Star II
keren_ASUS

Hi @Darren_W

To change the color pallete you go into wallpaper and style and scroll down until you see “themed” icon. Toggle this option on or off. When it’s on the On position, you can choose a different theme color. 

View post
Hi Keren! I understand how to do that, however this only affects the UI elements baked into the phone. I'm specifically talking about the missing functionality of "Material you", the ability for Android 12 to change app color theming based on your wallpaper. Because it's missing, all of my Google apps are a tinge of sea foam green.

tyrodsouza96
Star II
Darren_W

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207188#Comment_207188

It's a standard feature of android 12 and was in the a12 beta for pixel and is on all other a12 phones. For some dumb reason it seems Asus seems to have removed "canvas you", but kept the default color for it, which happens to be sea foam green. How annoying...

View post
Yeah I figured that out. I have used A12's color palette picker on my Galaxy S10L so I was wondering why would Asus skip it. I assumed it's being developed and would be implemented by the next update but no one seems to be sure about it. I think I'll have to try custom roms for now. 😅🥲

JosephOfRohan
Star II
Darren_W

I recently upgraded to android 12 on my Zenfone and all my my Google apps turned to a hue of green. After browsing the internet I figured out that this is due to android 12's color pallete feature, however for the life of me I cannot find the setting to change it. Can anyone help me find this?

screenshot-20220314-101050140.jpg

screenshot-20220314-101033972.jpg

Zenfone 8 Android 12 Color Palette
I'm wondering the same thing. I finally received the OTA update for A12 today—and I'm stuck with the same accent colors. To me, this is a no-brainer customization that we should've had since before the phone dropped, yet we still only have 8 options.
Important enough to nitpick, but not important enough to root. Of course, many people wanted additional accent colors in Asus' "Ideas for Next", so what gives?

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
+1 for this to get "fixed"